Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was looking to buy a good set of aftermarket wheels with one important feature in mind...VERY LIGHT WEIGHT.... I am searching for a 18 inch wheel with a 5-7 spoke design.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Centerline makes forged wheels weighing around 15-19lbs each. But the only good looking wheel is the Excel model. They only come in 7 in width though.

I was looking at these, but i decided to go with the SSR GT1s cause they look nicer... check out wdskuk's car. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
RAYS Wheels (Volk) is the originator of the whole lightweight trend.

The Te37 is the most obvious choice

www.rayswheels.co.jp

They make some of the lightest (and most durable) - wheels on the market.

When looking for a wheel you have to consider how wheels are made to be sure you dont get a wheel that isnt very strong.

For example SSR wheels are made using semi solid forge which is another way of saying super high pressure cast.

Centerline uses an antiquated for of forging - for their wheels -

·
Registered
555 Posts
It seems that a lot of folks have SSR wheels and are happy with them. I have been looking at the 17" GramLights GL57C and the SSR Gt1s. They both appear to weigh about the same and are about the same price. The GT1 look a little better IMHO.

·
Registered
220 Posts
We just had a group buy on the GL57C's. In fact, I am blowing out some Silver 17,7.5 and 8.5's that we have in stock. With tire sizes 215/45 and 245/40 tires. If any of you are interested in these wheels let me know.

Tony, I paypal'd funds through the advertising section so there shouldn't be any problems.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
JIC 3SGTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing