Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Took off the Driftmotion crank pulley due to the belt squealing. Went back to the stock crank pulley. I did notice that the motor revs a lil slower now. But I couldn't deal with the belt squealing anymore.
There is a belt designed to combat squealing if you haven't heard of it, Continental Elite Poly-V, (belt number: 4060760) they have a ribbed cutout and i've heard it does wonders to make any noise go away. If you have the patience to reinstall the pulley and buy this belt, you could run it again with no issues. I've recently updated my use of the pulley with almost 20k miles, and I still haven't had any problems, and once I replace the serp belt, ill be replacing it with the one I linked here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C34KRE/?coliid=IVYJNM0M1JA0O&colid=3UGFR0QJCLNKO&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, it looks like I will have to cease my updates (page 1, post #18) for anyone who views this post, as the administrators have banned edits past 24 hours with the new site redesign.

I will provide one update for now, and maybe one in the future if the part is ever deemed to be the source of engine failure.

Update: 27 months of ownership on October 08, 2019: 35,600 miles: 235,500 miles on engine, 0 problems

Hi guys,

I'd like to hear from people who have used lightweight pulleys on their IS300s (not other cars) and what their experiences have been.
Just wanting to grab your attention as i've held up my end to give periodic updates. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Well, it looks like I will have to cease my updates (page 1, post #18) for anyone who views this post, as the administrators have banned edits past 24 hours with the new site redesign.

I will provide one update for now, and maybe one in the future if the part is ever deemed to be the source of engine failure.

Update: 27 months of ownership on October 08, 2019: 35,600 miles: 235,500 miles on engine, 0 problems

Just wanting to grab your attention as i've held up my end to give periodic updates. Hope this helps
Light weight will never have an issue. Under drive have issues with charging system.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Light weight will never have an issue. Under drive have issues with charging system.
I've had the same thought. But there's a stigma around the aftermarket pulleys that they all cause damage in some way since they aren't balanced by a mass. For boxer engines, I don't believe it matters that it's under driven or not, due to the natural imbalance of a 4 piston system. Comparing to a 2J that is naturally balanced.

So hopefully my anecdotal evidence can show others it is possible to be perfectly fine.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts