Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Man o man I'm having a nightmare with my ride:(
I'm having some problems with my car, yesterday I got stuck in the snow so I it the snow button put it in drive and after a few back and fort I got it going. After I got home and a few hours later went in my car to drive I notice my parking brake light was on and my speedometer is not working and my gas gauge keep going up and down. My checked engine light was on before all this cause my ABS light was on and my trac light was flashing. Has anyone had these problems? I don't want to take it to the lex dealer because we all know how they do. (raping raw with no grease) :confused: So now most of my light on my dash is on it looks like a Christmas tree :confused: :(

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
ok i dont think this will solve your problem but i know my parking light came on and my trac and snow light flashed when my brake fluid was low. I would disconnect the negative (or positive) terminal on the battery, press the brake a few times and let it sit for about 5-10 min. Hook the battery back up and let sit for a min. Next start the car and let it run for 5-10 min. This resets you ecu/car. It may get rid of the problem and don't worry. you CEL recognition code will still be their in case of emergency. If it comes back then its beyond me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I try the batt thing that didn't work took it to auto zone and its only told them one code saying its an o2 sensor(p0141) I don't think that could cause the rest of my problem that I'm having because that was on when I bought the car. I had change the lower control arm a week ago thats when I got the ABS light and a flashing Trac light so I bought a use ABS sensor and it never fix the problem. Does anyone has any other type of way to test the ABS and way my speedometer other than a OBII test from auto zone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my car had the same check engine code as yours. i've been driving it for a few weeks with the light on and tonight my trac light started flashing too. i feel your pain that damn light is annoying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm happy to say that I fix all the the lights that was on my dash (ABS,TRAC,E BRAKE,BROKEN SPEEDOMETER and CHECK ENGINE CODE) I took to guy with a code test (not the one that auto zone has he had the pro stuff) once he plug it up and rest set the ECU it told him that I had a bad ABS sensor and which sensor it was so I went to the dealer bought the sensor bought the O2 sensor waited a day for them to arrive install them took the Neg batt off rest the ECU again and wallah now I'm back to loving my car...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts