Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this on my resident corvette site today and I think there is a lot of mature and knowledgable debate on there. Check it out.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1154970&forum_id=101

Obviously, the lighter flywheel also abides by the laws of diminishing returns, ie "if you go too light for a particular application, you will get the associated ill effects"

Now read this last post and see what I thought was an interesting theory....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showpost.php?p=1551875227&postcount=33

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
very informative as usual bro! :)

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
i haven't heard of "SO many having negative expericnces on our cars.." actually. mine has been fine from day one......??

xlnt thread.. & valid...especially the last one...definitely TRUE DAT!!...... getting going on a steep hill now with my UR Ultra L alloy flywheel is more of a bitch compared to before & definitely hell on my clutch heheheh

if i lived in the hills of San Francisco & parked on the street often mabey i would give a crap.....

....as i don't........I'll take the faster revs, reduced rotating mass, & my motor's quicker response to my right foot's directions any time!!

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
edgy said:
i haven't heard of "SO many having negative expericnces on our cars.." actually. mine has been fine from day one......??

xlnt thread.. & valid...especially the last one...definitely TRUE DAT!!...... getting going on a steep hill now with my UR Ultra L alloy flywheel is more of a bitch compared to before & definitely hell on my clutch heheheh

if i lived in the hills of San Francisco & parked on the street often mabey i would give a crap.....

....as i don't........I'll take the faster revs, reduced rotating mass, & my motor's quicker response to my right foot's directions any time!!
Great experience there Edgy. As of now, there are three things I intend to do to my car before I leave it alone:
1.The Camcon unit (to manipulate cam timing)
2.The Greddy Emanage Ultimate (mainly for timing and raised rev limit, of course the fuel map manipulation will be great as well)
3.UR Lightweight Flywheel and Centerforce dual friction clutch (when stock set goes)

I am not swayed at all by some few negetive experiences on this site
since it isnt at all negetive IMO. I have used it before and I loved it. Texas is flat but despite that, most cars I drove with a manual (long ago) had much quicker revs than the IS. This makes the IS feel like a carburated engine sometimes lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts