Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the orange light on the dash that is sopposed to mean that there is a light out is up, but i checked all the lights of the car and none of them are out... what could the problem be???? the sensor looks like this...

orange
car
/// \\\

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
thats soo wierd....i just went out tonite and while on my way home that exact same light was on!
i checked everything and its all good.
wierd thing was i checked this thread out before i went out, and i was like "k whatever".
so yah anyone know why?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
That's your rear light failure warning light. If that light comes on and all your rear light are on and working properly......then it means that one or more of your rear lights is defective or that one or more of your rear lights will short out soon (burn out).

·
Registered
747 Posts
damm mine went out yesterday too.... :suspiciou odd....but its your brake light and u cant even really notice it at all. have some one step on your brake and do it off and on and u will see whats out :cool: when i did it, i couldnt even notice it. but yeh it was my brake light

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Gray Rider said:
That's your rear light failure warning light. If that light comes on and all your rear light are on and working properly......then it means that one or more of your rear lights is defective or that one or more of your rear lights will short out soon (burn out).
The car can't tell if a light is going to burn out in the future.

It seems it's your rear brake light warning light.
Your rear lights are dual filament. So if you walk back there and don't see a problem, it's probably the other filament. So have someone step on the brake and then check.

Let us know so I can lock this when you've fingered it out.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
moiz87 said:
i looked at the rear brake light and everything, i still can't figure it out
When you shut off and start the car, is it on?

If not, when you push the brakes, does it turn on then?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
The car can't tell if a light is going to burn out in the future.

It seems it's your rear brake light warning light.
Your rear lights are dual filament. So if you walk back there and don't see a problem, it's probably the other filament. So have someone step on the brake and then check.

Let us know so I can lock this when you've fingered it out.

HAHA De you said fingered....

yeah it's definitely one of the filament that light up when you step on the brake. I had this happen to me a couple of times from the inner trunk lights. Just get someone to step on the brake while you're behind the car or get a dictionary and lean it against the brake pedel and check it out for yourself.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
YUP!...got it figured out.
i did have a light out, it was one of the trunk lights. got it replaced and everythings guuud.
thx for all the replies.
i guess you can lock this now Sophiesleeps. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.