Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my IS about a month ago and will running it for the first time in an event this Sunday. I purchased some pretty nice light wheels from Vick at Wheeloptions. I posted a few photos. Just check out the links below and let me know what you think. They are 1-piece forged wheels and are 15lbs per wheel. They are 17x7 with a 47 offset. I'll try to get some pictures of them on the car soon.

http://www.gahnman.com/images/WorkS2-5.jpg
http://www.gahnman.com/images/WorkS2-3.jpg
http://www.gahnman.com/images/WorkS2-1.jpg

My car is a 03 MSM IS300 5speed with lsd and I am looking forward to Sunday to see how it performs. I had an 02 RSX Type-S before and I competed regularly in STS. The RSX was nice but I think the IS is much better stock vs. stock. The balance is superb and you gotta love rwd.

I've been following this forum since before I got my car and there is alot of good information here. Thanks to all.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
Very nice wheels man, very nice!

I'm sure you'll do well and when you get the hang of switching from fwd to rwd you'll do even better. It's a lot of fun. The RSX handles very good too, but you are right, RWD is so much fun. It just seems natural on the track for some reason.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sweet wheels. What class are you running in?

If you are in stock, is that the best setup you could find? I just started racing and I'm hooked. I was wondering if 16" wheels would be better because they might be lighter. Any thoughts on this?

Good Luck 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IS_Dude said:

I'm sure you'll do well and when you get the hang of switching from fwd to rwd you'll do even better. It's a lot of fun. The RSX handles very good too, but you are right, RWD is so much fun. It just seems natural on the track for some reason.
Thanks. I think I read an old post where you talked about tire pressures for the Victoracers. I was thinking about going with 44F 40R to start. I will be running on asphalt. Does that sound like a pretty good place to start?

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
03is5sp said:
IS_Dude said:

Thanks. I think I read an old post where you talked about tire pressures for the Victoracers. I was thinking about going with 44F 40R to start. I will be running on asphalt. Does that sound like a pretty good place to start?
That should be a good starting spot. I would recommend a little more, but that should be good to start. Try going up a couple pounds between runs(it should do that anyway after they heat up) and see what you think. I usually ended up in the 47/43 range f/r and sometimes more, but I like high pressures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
borg said:
Sweet wheels. What class are you running in?

If you are in stock, is that the best setup you could find? I just started racing and I'm hooked. I was wondering if 16" wheels would be better because they might be lighter. Any thoughts on this?

Good Luck 8)
I considered that very thing. I decided on the 17's because you get a little more width (I Think) and I wasn't sure what size the 16's are that come with the IS. If they are 16x6.5 then there are many choices of lightweight wheels in that size. I ran some 11lb Volk CE28N's in that size on my RSX and they were awesome. It really was a toss-up for me and I like the crispness of the steering with 17's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts