Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a newbie , and also my first car is an 03 IS300. I bought this car for a steal! 1000 and the car is running strong! But unfortunately my “newbieness” didn’t bother to make sure that the motor and all that was running correctly. It’s a strong running motor but I guess the motor was burning the oil and I didn’t realize that I was running my car to work without oil. It starting making a knocking sound around the intake manifold so I pulled over and say it had no oil so I pushed it home and now it’s jist sitting there. I don’t want to crack the motor or anything. I also got this car to practice fixing up cars without have to pay for school so I kinda want to know if there’s anything I can do to fix it.

And I know a lot of the “veterans” are going to grind me up and stuff but please don’t waste your or my time, I just want real responses from people who actually want to help. Thank you, 🙏🏼

·
Registered
18 Posts
i'd add some oil and take it to a mechanic for a diagnostic, they'll be able to diagnose the problem and maybe you can take it home and fix it! hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts