Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would let everyone know. I had read on a previous post that Firestone had lifetime alignment for $150. Since I just had my Hotchkis coils installed and was needing the service, I called to verify. The man on the other end said that it was on sale through the end of next month. Hit me with some +rep for the good news. ;)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
so basically if u buy it before the end of next month, you will get free lifetime alignement?
mrpocco told me bout this..but didnt drop my car yet so i didnt need alignment..
-Aaron +rep

·
Registered
745 Posts
When I called, the first thing they asked me is if the car has been lowered. I told them it was a mild Eibach 1" drop and he said that this offer does not apply to modified suspensions.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just asked if they had a lifetime alignment. The guy told me yes and that it just so happens to be on sale for $119. I asked how long the offer was for and he said through the end of next month. I didn't ask about the car being dropped. I am not sure they will notice because the car is stock looking - no lip or skirts and OEM wheels.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I thought about getting that lifetime alignment deal also but wonder if they'll align it your likeing's i.e. 1/16 toe in and all that junk not just back to stock specs which some have said are not even that great. then again it's lifetime.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
it really depends on the firestone. there are several around my area and i have been to most of them for an alignment. I got the lifetime alignment last year with a $30 off coupon so I paid $120. everyone I went to was different. some allowed me to align to my specs others didnt. they dont have any rules against lowered cars as long as they could drive it up on the lift. i have had 11 alignments done already :), so I got my moneys worth and was able to sort out the good and bad places. some firestone mechanics are terrible. one place that i took it to didnt know how to align my car. imo its worth it especially if you have more than one firestone in your area.
if someone is in the socal area i recommend the firestone in yorba linda on lake view and yorba linda blvd. good mechanics and nice managers. the one that i dont recommend is the one in garden grove. they suck.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K3RRY said:
it really depends on the firestone. there are several around my area and i have been to most of them for an alignment. I got the lifetime alignment last year with a $30 off coupon so I paid $120. everyone I went to was different. some allowed me to align to my specs others didnt. they dont have any rules against lowered cars as long as they could drive it up on the lift. i have had 11 alignments done already :), so I got my moneys worth and was able to sort out the good and bad places. some firestone mechanics are terrible. one place that i took it to didnt know how to align my car. imo its worth it especially if you have more than one firestone in your area.
if someone is in the socal area i recommend the firestone in yorba linda on lake view and yorba linda blvd. good mechanics and nice managers. the one that i dont recommend is the one in garden grove. they suck.

Good to know that they didn't have restrictions for dropped cars. Anyone know if there is a limit? Like one per year or two?

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
LOL guys this is soooo last year. I had the lifetime allignment done at Firestone for 99 bucks about 2-3 months ago. They said then also that is was only till the end of the month lol. I have been there one other time about a month ago to realign after I dropped with the Eibach. Just dont say anything till they make comments on how they cant bring it back to stock specs etc etc. But that was not a problem in my case obviously.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
kponti said:
LOL guys this is soooo last year. I had the lifetime allignment done at Firestone for 99 bucks about 2-3 months ago. They said then also that is was only till the end of the month lol. I have been there one other time about a month ago to realign after I dropped with the Eibach. Just dont say anything till they make comments on how they cant bring it back to stock specs etc etc. But that was not a problem in my case obviously.
LOL I got mine last year when I upgraded my suspension and I have gone about 4 times since ;)

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
i have Tein HA's, aftermarket wheels with a 2+ inch drop and firestone gladly aligns my car with no questions asked. I have thier lifetime alignment service. Have had it since february of 2005.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
flyfl1pguy99 said:
Sounds good guys. I think im going to firestone and get an alignment. .

make sure the one you go to has a decently calibrated machine or your readings and specs will be considerably off.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Most firestone shops do not have equipment that can handle lowered cars. Whoever said to put the car to stock height just to an alignment should be shot. Once you change the height of the car you have to get a new alignment. So if you lower the car after getting an aligntment, you have to go back and get another alignment, only this time firestone can't do it, cause they can't handle lowered cars.

·
Registered
745 Posts
^^ That's what the person at Firestone said too. First thing he asked me when I inquired about the lifetime alignment is if the car was lowered at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts