Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all...just wanted to know how many miles the stock shocks are usually good for. i'm going to install some l-tuned springs in march when the weather gets warmer and wanted to know if i should get new shocks as well (stock or aftermarket). my car has about 72k miles on it and will probably have about 80k by the spring.

any suggestions? i mainly ask because it would be nice to do it while i was replacing the springs.

thanks in advance!
chris

·
Registered
946 Posts
72,000 miles is pretty good life for shocks. Personally I'd put some performance shocks on with the new springs. Shorter, stiffer springs will probably cause the stock shocks to go out pretty soon anyway.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
might as well do it since you'll be putting in new springs, right? esp since your car will be around 80,000 miles...like ^^^ said, your stock shocks have already lasted for quite a bit of time...i think it'll be a good time to retire them! :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's what i figured. i'm trying to "l-tune" my IS and so that's why i'm getting the l-tuned/eibach springs. i figured i would just get a new set of stock shocks or maybe eibach shocks? i don't want to lose too much ride comfort because my wife drives the car a couple of days out of the week. any suggestions on specific brands?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
ltuned is the eibach pro. if it was me i do both because you already have 80k :D you dont have to just saying.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Stock shocks are usually good for 5yrs in most cases I wouldnt rush and change them. get your money's worth outta the OEM stuff. ;) Makes no sense to take them out and store them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.