Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that in the build your own IS section of all lexus websites..they dont offer the sportdesign packages anymore? I take it the sportdesign models arent being made anymore. Im liking the limitedness.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
i was told that lexus chooses 2 models each year to have a SD edition. in '03, it was the GS & IS. now that '04s are coming out, there are no more IS300 SDs...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes the color combination for the sport design (ThunderCld and ash interior) will not be offered in 04 IS. But you still can get grey smoked head,tail,fog lights for 04 cars again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
woohoo! mine too! this is the reason why i decided on thundercloud. i hope it looks nice cuz i haven't even seen it in real life, and i hope it's not too boyish... i have checked out everyone else's on the forum tho ;)

should be here by the end of the week, can't wait!

Brushed aluminum dash, Hotchkis sway...

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
congrats to all you SD owners on having a truly one of a kind vehicle...

:wink:

next, all of our IS's will be one of a kind, 2001-2004 with the 2JZ-GE

cuz as we all know looks like they will go with a different engine for the 2005....

:chill:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The SC430 comes in the SD as well...so that makes the IS GS and the SC430....

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
skim said:
woohoo! mine too! this is the reason why i decided on thundercloud. i hope it looks nice cuz i haven't even seen it in real life, and i hope it's not too boyish... i have checked out everyone else's on the forum tho ;)

should be here by the end of the week, can't wait!

Brushed aluminum dash, Hotchkis sway...
the TCM exterior definitely looks nice! i got the ash grey interior...i LOVE it! heehee...i guess i'm biased... :lol: no comment about TCM being boyish since i'm a girl! it's just a beautiful color in general... :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
the TCM exterior definitely looks nice! i got the ash grey interior...i LOVE it! heehee...i guess i'm biased... no comment about TCM being boyish since i'm a girl! it's just a beautiful color in general...
wooo go girlfriend, i can't WAIT to see mine! it's coming saturday... i just hope it's not too gold, it looks kinda purply on the net sometimes (which i like). anyways -- i wanted the ash grey interior, but all he had was black... but some other thundercloud owner told me it's black w/ grey piping so that sounds really cool too! plus i got west coast pricing on mine and i'm on the east coast! WOOHOO!!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
i dont even c the different between the sd's all it had is a tail, or am i missing anything else. just buy the damm tail for 180 now you have sd

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
van48 said:
i dont even c the different between the sd's all it had is a tail, or am i missing anything else. just buy the damm tail for 180 now you have sd
first of all, learn how to speak english. second, there are more differences than that on the SD. The different heads, tails, and fogs. Chrome exhaust tip. SportDesign grille. Black Pearl emblems. New color and new leather color. Different 17" rims.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Moon Roof

Astr0LuX said:
Has anyone noticed that in the build your own IS section of all lexus websites..they dont offer the sportdesign packages anymore? I take it the sportdesign models arent being made anymore. Im liking the limitedness.

I noticed there was no option for a moon roof ( I only build the car using zip code 08854)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:
van48 said:
first of all, learn how to speak english. second, there are more differences than that on the SD. The different heads, tails, and fogs. Chrome exhaust tip. SportDesign grille. Black Pearl emblems. New color and new leather color. Different 17" rims.
Most of those options are now available thru the 2004 models.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
do you know if the new headlights, taillights are the same as SportDesign, because they say that theyre "grey"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts