Lexus IS Forum banner

Lexus' upcoming line of F-Sport accessories for the 2nd-generation Lexus IS

20K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  jruhi4 
#1 · (Edited)
14155As anticipated by <A HREF="http://my.is/forums/f41/lexus-unveil-factory-performance-parts-sema-341387/">a recent my.IS Front Page story,</A> Lexus has officially unveiled F-Sport, its first-ever performance accessory line available for the IS 250, IS 350 and even the mighty IS F itself. The line was premiered at the 2007 Special Equipment Marketing Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, where the appearance marked the division's first official participation at the show, attended by more than 100,000 industry leaders from over 100 countries showcasing the latest in automotive products, electronics, and aftermarket accessories.

"The Lexus IS 250 and IS 350 sport sedans are specifically geared for the performance-minded customer," said Brian Bolain, Lexus national interactive and automotive events manager. "The F-Sport performance accessory line helps to further realize each owner's desire to personalize their car's performance to best match their needs."

The F-Sport Accessory Line includes a wide cross-section of performance enhancing products engineered by TRD and covered by the Lexus new vehicle warranty, including:

F-Sport 19" Forged Alloy Wheels
This lightweight forged alloy wheel, exclusively designed in a dark graphite finish, includes a staggered fitment with 19" X 8" front wheels and 19" X 9" rear wheels. Recommended tire sizes are 225/35R19 in the front and 255/35R19 in the rear.

F-Sport Front Brake Upgrade
The Front Brake Upgrade provides a firmer pedal feel and improved fade resistance in repeated severe duty use. The Brake features six piston fixed calipers, and drilled cast iron 355mm diameter rotors with a patented internal fin design mounted on anodized aluminum hubs. Braided stainless steel brake lines and low-dust performance brake pads are included and the upgrade can be used with stock or F-Sport upgraded rear brakes.

F-Sport Rear Brake Upgrade
Similar in construction to the F-Sport Front Brake Upgrade, the rear brake upgrade uses four piston fixed calipers and drilled cast iron 345mm diameter rotors. Braided stainless steel brake lines and low-dust performance brake pads are also included. The Rear Brake Upgrade may only be used in conjunction with F-Sport Front Brake Upgrade.

F-Sport Continuous Carbon Ceramic Brake Upgrade*
A new generation of carbon fiber-reinforced ceramic material technology maximizes high-temperature durability and system cooling in this ultimate upgrade for the IS F. Ceramic rotors measure 380mm diameter front and 355mm diameter rear on anodized aluminum hats. They incorporate the same internal cooling vane concepts as the F-Sport cast iron rotors, while significantly reducing unsprung and rotating mass compared to the IS F stock brake system. Distinctively finished six-piston front and four-piston rear fixed calipers signify leading-edge technology and performance. Specially qualified performance brake pads and stainless steel brake lines are included.

F-Sport Exhaust System
This system features all stainless steel construction with fully polished mufflers and double-wall exhaust tips. In addition to an outstanding appearance, it delivers a powerful, sport-tuned exhaust sound.

F-Sport Lowering Spring Set
This feature lowers the vehicle approximately 1" in the front and rear for a more aggressive appearance and a lower center of gravity. The spring set is engineered to deliver lowered ride height without bottoming out or creating a harsh ride. The feature can be used with either the stock or F-Sport shock absorber set.

F-Sport Sway Bar Set
This includes a set of larger diameter, replacement front and rear sway bars that offer reduced body roll and flatter cornering. Urethane mounting brushings are also included to replace the original rubber brushings.

F-Sport Bilstein Shock Absorber Set
Developed in cooperation with Bilstein and available exclusively through the F-Sport Performance Accessory program, this shock absorber set offers sport-tuned suspension dampening without sacrificing ride quality.

F-Sport Clutch
The F-Sport Clutch increases clamping force approximately 15% to handle higher torque capacity and provide improved feel.

F-Sport Quick Shifter
Engineered and machined from billet aluminum, the F-Sport Quick Shifter decreases shift throw by approximately 30% for positive shifting.

F-Sport Rear Chassis Member Brace
To improve chassis stiffness under aggressive driving conditions and provide a more responsive feel during cornering, the F-Sport Rear Chassis Member Brace joins key rear chassis and suspension mounting points through this tubular steel brace.

F-Sport Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
Constructed from real carbon fibers, this very light and durable engine cover provides a high-tech appearance under the hood. This is a direct replacement for the original cover and is only available for the IS 350.

F-Sport Air Intake
This low restriction intake and filter assembly is fully compatible with stock engine controls and is emission legal in all 50 states.

In addition, these currently-available official Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 accessories are considered a part of the F-Sport line:

Lexus Genuine Accessory Ground Effects Kit
For a lower, more aggressive appearance, this color-keyed four-piece body kit includes front and rear valences and side skirts.

Lexus Genuine Accessory Rear Spoiler
This rear deck mounted, color-keyed lip-style spoiler provides the finishing touch for the sport-tuned enthusiast.

The F-Sport performance accessory line will be available in early March 2008, roughly coinciding with the Lexus IS F on-sale date, and will be sold through Lexus dealerships. Details will be available in 2008 through the Lexus.com website within the IS 250 and IS 350 sections.

*Continuous Carbon Ceramic Brake is a trademark of StopTech Brakes

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Jekyl
#2 ·
My.IS member 1stis300 discovered an entry on the Motor Trend blogs that includes a picture of the F-Sport brakes:
SEMA 2007: Lexus unveils F-Sport performance parts line | Auto Shows Blog at Motor Trend

Here's the picture:

Frankly, I'm not sure whether those are the "regular", made-by-StopTech F-Sport Upgraded Brakes or the super-duper, meant-for-the-IS-F Continuous Carbon Ceramic Brakes. The latter, by the way, are rumo(u)red to cost a heart-stopping $11,000.

#3 ·
Those don't appear to be ceramic brakes, which tend to be darker and matte rather than shiny. Those are some serious braking upgrades, the top of the line carbon ceramic ones for the IS-F are 14.96" front and 13.98" rear, there are not many cars with brakes of that size.

#4 ·
Those don't appear to be ceramic brakes, which tend to be darker and matte rather than shiny.
That was my strong suspicion as well, for the very reasons you mention.

#5 ·
Very interesting....now, I wonder if all these parts will carry the stupidly high cost like the currently available 250/350 exhaust by HKS. (a $1300 axle back)

#9 · (Edited)
I wouldn't quite say that. Notice that all the new F-Sport items are more of a functional/mechanical nature than external body parts, and even the F-sport 19" wheels look much more like the factory 18''ers from the non-X-Package IS250/350 than like the IS F wheels.

If anything, Lexus is borrowing from the Germans' playbook. At Audi, for instance, you've got S-Line (mild body kit, specific wheels and sport suspension), S (hotter engine and sportier interior) and RS (the most "extreme", including specific bodywork, the hottest engines, the biggest wheels & tires, dropped suspensions and so forth).

Similarly, you can get AMG wheels and body kits on regular Mercedes models, or the full-on AMG models.

#10 ·
Any Pictures of these two items?:

To improve chassis stiffness under aggressive driving conditions and provide a more responsive feel during cornering, the F-Sport Rear Chassis Member Brace joins key rear chassis and suspension mounting points through this tubular steel brace.

This rear deck mounted, color-keyed lip-style spoiler provides the finishing touch for the sport-tuned enthusiast.

#11 ·
Any Pictures of these two items?:

It might be one of the items on the rightmost display (with the large F-Sport sign) in the background of this picture:

This one's been around since day one of the 2nd-gen IS:

#12 ·
That's definitely a way for Lexus to expand the sporty line.... Like what MB does for AMG, where a bunch of regular MB places the AMG logo and some aero appearance effects and such...

It's a good business strategy to adapt people who wants to look cool instead of run cool.

It's similar to the L-tuned era back in the 1st Gen days... However, this time Lexus does it with a bigger force.

#15 ·
Thanks for posting all those pics, BlackTi. "For the record", here's a link to Autoblog's gallery, but they don't really add much to BlackTi's excellent finds above:
Autoblog

#17 ·
Just Loving that "F Sport Intake" System..!!! :approve: :approve:

<< Looks Very Well Designed and Very Very Familiar..... :p

Joe Z :bigSmile:

#19 ·
Reactions: Joe Z
#18 ·
Very good info and write up. It's great to see all the parts available for the IS250 and IS350. I'd love to have those wheels on my car and it's about time they come out with upgrades for those that already have a 2nd-gen IS. That way, they don't have an excuse to trade in their cars and also gives them something to personalize their cars. Not everyone wants or can afford to pay the price tag of the IS F or need that much power. But simple performance upgrades will grab some attention to those that just want a little extra power and looks.

#21 · (Edited)
I'm sorry if I missed it, but I would be interested to see what aftermarket MFGs they teamed up with to bring these Lexus branded parts to the marketplace?

i.e. Eibach for the 1st Gen L-Tuned springs and swaybars, and HKS for the L-Tuned exhaust.

Anybody know?

#22 ·
...I would interested to see what aftermarket MFGs they teamed up with to bring these Lexus branded parts to the marketplace?

i.e. Eibach for the 1st Gen L-Tuned springs and swaybars, and HKS for the L-Tuned exhaust.

Anybody know?
The shocks, they openly admit, are Bilsteins. And all the brake upgrades are StopTech.

Reactions: Squareback
#23 · (Edited)
The Exhaust bares "Futaba & Toyota" stamps on the mufflers or resonator (not srure)

Its definitely just a 3 piece axle-back / resonator back Exhaust System..

I Love what you do for Me!!! :p

Great pics thanks to Javier of CL !!

#24 ·
Wait....so are we going to be able to add these parts to our 2006 thru 2008 ISs? I'm sure that the springs/bars/exhaust won't be hard to install, but what about the sport shifter and the clutch?

I have a 6-speed manual IS250 (3 month wait in Miami) but the clutch makes a clunking noise when fully depressed. Other than the sound, the clutch makes it really difficult to keep the car from jolting. The gearbox isn't the best, either, although i've gotten used to it. But I'm sure that if we want to change these parts it would be REALLY expensive if done with a Lexus dealer directly. For example, I put rims on my car (Silver 20'' Sevas S22's ) and I think they wanted to charge me 150/wheel to install. That's 600 dollars for the install. I can only imagine how much it would cost to change the shifter/clutch/exhaust/intake at the dealer!!!!!!

#26 ·
Is the F-series exhaust the same as the current Lexus-approved HKS exhaust? The one that's about 1500 retail?
An excellent question, and the answer, apparently, is no.

Lexus has just added an F-Sport Accessories section to its official website. At this point, that bit of news doesn't warrant a separate Front Page story, since all the information in it is already contained within this thread, and pricing won't be released until closer to the official mid-April launch of the line.

To address blaqdym0nd23's question, here's a picture and description of the current Lexus-approved HKS exhaust, as it appears in the IS Vehicle Accessories section of the Lexus USA website:

Dual sport exhaust by HKS®
Made from a polished 304 stainless steel with a mirror-like finish, this
race-inspired cat back dual exhaust features enlarged sport tips and
aggressive tuning to give your vehicle that sporty, performance-
enhanced look.
$1,500

And here's the upcoming F-Sport Exhaust System, as it appears in the F-Sport Accessories section of the Lexus USA website:

Exhaust System
This system features an all-stainless-steel construction with fully
polished mufflers and double-wall exhaust tips. In addition to an
outstanding appearance, it delivers a powerful, sport-tuned
exhaust sound.
* F-Sport Accessories available mid April. Please see your
Lexus dealer.

Note that a footnote on the Lexus USA website clarifies warranty coverage for F-Sport Accessories thusly:
"F-Sport Accessories, when installed by an authorized Lexus dealer, are warranted for the balance of the new car warranty, or for 12 months or 12,000 miles from the date of installation, whichever is greater."

To view the full F-Sport Accessories section of the Lexus USA website, <A HREF="http://www.lexus.com/f-sport/index.html">click here.</A>

#27 ·
^^^^ They "look" exactly the same so far and I wouldn't be surprised if they carry both under the 2 different names...

Lexus invested a lot of time, a lot of money and effort finalizing the Lexus HKS Lexus Sport Exhaust.
So I would find it hard to believe that they would make another one on their own and hurt their own sales..

So do the next best thing... Offer 2 different yet the same exhausts.. :lol:

Before we get side by side comparo pics, I would say at most, Lexus changed the mufflers (see pics in post #23 ) for the F-Sport Exhaust and gave HKS the deal to manufacture both for them.. just a theory ...

Joe Z :)

#28 ·
I definitely agree with you, and part of my ever-lengthening "Future Front Page Stories for my.IS" list is one that addresses exactly why Lexus/HKS offer the two exhausts, and what exactly the differences (if any) consist of. I'm guessing it will all become clearer as we get closer to the actual F-Sports Accessories launch...

#32 ·
As noted a few posts above, pricing on F-Sport accessories hasn't been revealed yet. They do say mid-April, which is right about now, so stay tuned...

#33 ·
I was just on l-tunedparts.com and I see the F-sport intake for the IS250 as $389.

#34 ·
Looking further on l-tunedparts.com, I see:

Graphite Engine Cover - $840
Front Brake Kit - $2725
Rear Brake Kit - $2395
Bilstein Shock Set - $690
Lowering Springs - $275
Rear Chassis Member - $345
Rear Sway for AWD - $205
Sway Bar Set - $475
Clutch - $575
Quick Shifter - $280
Air Intake - $389
Exhaust System - $1295
19" Forged Alloy Wheels - $1945

Most of the prices are on the high side, but not necessarily exorbitant.

#35 ·
First post, guys...Thanks for all the great F-Sport info....can't seem to find this anywhere else.
And I must say, those prices aren't as high as I thought they'd be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.