Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i can't seem to find the post with the full copy of Lexus TSIB EG003-01 that outlines the ECU updates... i vaguely remember that mo put up the entire text of the bulletin some time ago and my VIN fell below the stated numbers. i want to print that out in case lexus of marin doesn't know about it...thanks in advance for the help!

wf

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
that is not going to do u any good - as i talked with the dealer - and he told me the service bulletin information has been changed - not sure what the right info is now -

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
http://www.is300.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=007921

And from the NHTSA website:

Report Date: July 9, 2001 02:34:01 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Service Bulletin Number: SS00101
Bulletin Sequence Number: 190
Date of Bulletin: 0103
NHTSA Item Number: SB619115
Make: LEXUS
Model: IS 300
Year: 2001
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION:ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT
Summary: SUBJECT REGARDING ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING PROCESS. *TT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Service Bulletin Number: BO00201
Bulletin Sequence Number: 190
Date of Bulletin: 0103
NHTSA Item Number: SB619112
Component: LIGHTING:LAMP OR SOCKET:HEAD LIGHTS
Summary: SUBJECT REGARDING PRODUCTION CHANGE TO REDUCE THE POSSIBILITY OF SLIGHT WATER CONDENSATION IN THE BOTTOM EDGE OF THE HEADLAMP. *TT
Service Bulletin Number: BO00700
Bulletin Sequence Number: 184
Date of Bulletin: 0010
NHTSA Item Number: SB618470
Component: VISUAL SYSTEMS:GLASS:WINDOW
OOR AND SIDE
Summary: THIS BULLETIN ADDRESSES REAR QUARTER WINDOW WIND NOISE ON 2001 MODEL YEAR IS 300 THIS BULLETIN ADDRESSES REAR QUARTER WINDOW WIND NOISE. *TT VEHICLES. *TT

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: JW ]

·
Registered
306 Posts
I submitted a complaint to the NHTSA regarding the potential safety hazards of the traction control. Maybe if enough people complain we can get it changed to a recall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts