Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does touch up paint for Lexus/Toyota come in a bottle? I know they sell those touch-up pens. But I find I can't apply the paint neatly with the applicator that's part of the pen. I rather have a small bottle of paint that I can apply how I choose.

I know Canadian Tire sells those Duplicolour "pens" where you can open up the bottle and access the paint directly. I was looking for something similar but with official Toyota paint.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Not that I could find. I ended up buying the duplicolor one and it was a perfect match.

I say this because they did not make a Black Onyx direct replacement. I had to use the generic Black.

The small bottle has a pen option and a brush, but no clear coat like the pens

Your color is different so you maybe can find it at Can Tire or parts source

Digger08

·
Registered
962 Posts
Cawthra

They're a parts store in Mississauga, but they also have an automotive paint section.

They're able to mix any oem paint and put in a spray can and/or touch up pen as well.

Reactions: jahnIS300

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just picked up a touch up paint pen today. It works really well, if you want to fill in pitted stone chips, just prime the tip and dab. Its actually more precise than one would think.

The touch up paint bottle/brush can be a little cumbersome if you want to fill in stone chips because it tends to bead up instead settling.

·
Registered
201 Posts
We have an 2nd Gen RX300 & 2nd Gen IS250 in the family. Both came with small tin of touch-up paint (courtesy of my car salesman) when we bought the cars new from the dealer....

·
Registered
237 Posts
yes, the dealer sells a bottle with a brush as well as the pen-type. I bought mine from Northwest Lexus, but I had to ask specifically for the non-pen-type. If you don't ask they will usually just give you the pen.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Cawthra

They're a parts store in Mississauga, but they also have an automotive paint section.

They're able to mix any oem paint and put in a spray can and/or touch up pen as well.
Nice anymore info on these guys? How much is it? After reading that, I had an urge to DIY paint my kit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I lucked out and found millenium silver at autozone. It is the type with the pen end, as well as the brush. I found the pen end works perfect for rock chips on the hood, you just have to go back and reapply it a few times to build the level of paint up. Hardly noticable from any more than a couple of feet, i was incredibly stoked.

My front bumper, however, i'm not even going to mess with. It just needs a re-spray altogether, the guy that owned my car before me must have loved to tailgate semi-trucks all day long.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts