Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just replaced my rims and tires. Stock ones are still in the garrage. Tire pressure alerted. What am I gonna do? I don't want to take her to Lexus of Westminster or any dealers--they fucking rip people off (changing oil for 80$). From what I know, the sensors are in the valves. Can I just take them off from the stock tires and put them on new tires? Can I do it myself to minimize the cost?

Thanks,

Thang Nguyen

PS: I did read another post regarding tire pressure monitor, but I didn't get it.

(Should I lower it? Should I get the lip kit?)

Before:

·
Registered
156 Posts
very nice! But the TPM sensors are in a small little flat box that connects to the valve stems and is stuck(glued) to the inner wheel.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Best thing to do is get another set of sensors. You'll have to have them synched by Lexus though. Chaning the sensors back and forth twice a year isn't a good idea. You have to break the tires down off the rims to get them out and there's a good chance of damaging them.

Some people worked on trying to get the warning light to go off, but I'm not sure if anyone was successful.

·
Registered
156 Posts
oh yeah....I would get the lip kit....lowering is very overated(IMO)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, all! It gets annoying. Maybe I should spend $$$ for it. How much am I expecting to pay?

Just a few photos if you want to see.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sewell Lexus has the sensors cheaper than most dealers, but still not cheap.

Sewell Lexus Parts
OMG! $391 + labor? ***k it, I can leave without the sensors. Hoping one of the IS drivers will figure out a way to turn off that thing on the dash and would like to share with us. But the problem is I can't even tell if my tires are having low pressure.

Thanks, you guys are very helpful. I'll look around to see what I can learn since I only know that I need to change old every 5k. Last time I used Synthetic Mobile 1 (15k) and the engine started making sound since then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best thing to do is get another set of sensors. You'll have to have them synched by Lexus though. Chaning the sensors back and forth twice a year isn't a good idea. You have to break the tires down off the rims to get them out and there's a good chance of damaging them.

Some people worked on trying to get the warning light to go off, but I'm not sure if anyone was successful.
The stock tires are actually worn. Therefore, I don't need those sensors anymore. I live in Southern California anyways so same road condition through out the year.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
The stock tires are actually worn. Therefore, I don't need those sensors anymore. I live in Southern California anyways so same road condition through out the year.

Thanks.
Maybe you can use the original sensors then if they'll fit the new wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts