Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in a previous post, I had some service done at the dealership last week...

While I'm waiting for my car in the customer waiting area, a service writer comes in and tells this guy his 60,000 mile check up is complete and the car is ready. He tells the guy the cost is $960.00 and the guy totally goes off and lights this guy up!!!

Swearing, yelling, finger pointing....all loud enough to be heard in the show room.

He went off with the service writer to complain. I didn't hear any death threats or gun shots, so I guess they got it worked out.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's a good idea to go over the list of what will be done
at each service. I've found that the dealers will add a
lot of stuff that isn't necessary to jack up the price.
Don't just drop off your car at the dealer and say
"Do the 60k miles service." Check your service manual
to see what needs to be done and have only those things
done.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
That's pretty pricey, but that guy's an idiot for not finding out what was going to be done and what it would cost. For my 30k service, my dealership wanted $530 for oil change, tire rotation, replacement of air filter and air conditioner filter, coolant flush, bleed and flush brake fluid, replace transmission fluid and replace differential fluid. I know several of those items weren't necessary according to the maintenance schedule.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.