Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealership the other day picking up parts. When i walked between the cars parked getting ready for service.

Well anyways lexus has these real old guys at my dealer that get in your car and drive it to the service garage. Well you know old guys, half the time they cant tell what gear they are in.

But i was walking through and this old guy through open a door, of an brand new es300, right in front of me. And WHAM it hits the door panel of a new SC430. I just looked at him, like what the hell are you doing, and he just glanced at it and went on. Then when i finally got past, i figured i would watch my back, make sure this old guy doesnt run over me. And he puts it in gear, and starts rolling backwards, you should have seen hi face.....he though it was in drive and about hit the car behind him.

Needless to say im driving my own car to the garage, next time im in! :roll:

·
Registered
84 Posts
hahah That's hilarious! And they are cracking down on younger drivers. It's the old ones you gotta watch out for I say. I just got my new lex 2 weeks ago and some old dood in a saab just changed lanes and almost rammed right into me on my way to work last week. I thought it was cuz his turn was coming up to the left. But no, he just wanted to be in the fast lane doing the same speed he was doing in the slow lane. Idiot. Had to pass him and leave the potential accident way behind me!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've had a dealership bring out my car and stall right in front of me. And instead of saying sorry or anything he and his buddy just laughed. Man sometimes I just worry what goes on behind the scene.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My service advisor went with me on a test drive to feel some vibrations and he jumped a curb twice. :pissed: :bitching:

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:56 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My service advisor went with me on a test drive to feel some vibrations and he jumped a curb twice.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :-?

JEESES....!!!! what kinda lackeys yall got at yer dealerships?????

that is kinda scary...

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jarod said:
CZAR said:
My service advisor went with me on a test drive to feel some vibrations and he jumped a curb twice. :pissed: :bitching:
Which dealership was it? Kendall or Countyline....
shit....so this goes on at other lexus dealers.........well i dunno which one is worse.......having some punk kids dog your car everywhere......or having the old guys damage the hell out of them cuz they are just too old :-?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, at the dealership I got mine (North Park Lexus, San Antonio) they have a very nice mix of punk kids and old dudes driving around. I wonder who causes more problems...

·
Registered
642 Posts
and to think how careless they are with your car when you're there, imagine what happens after you hand your keys over...i have a friend that is a mechanic at Mercedes Benz and he tells me stories of how he beat on em cars at a regular basis, especially when they take your car out for a spin after repairs...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just as my car is about to go into its 15K service you guys start this thread! Now i am scared to let the thing go now, lol. :(

A friend of mine dropped off his 02' M3 at his dealership for a recal on faulty engine bearings (ala Honda engines at Spa last year in F1, lol), and they had an old guy moving it around and he backed into a 745i, then when my friend said the bumper had been knocked in the service guy said it wasnt really, yet when my friend showed how the bumper mounts were all bent. They caved in and fixed it, but tried to give him a Buick loaner while the car was being fixed....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well i work at a dealer (Expressway Toyota) and all I can say is that they really dont hire the best porters. We have one that doesnt even drive on the street and we give him sequoias. :lol: :crazy:

·
Registered
142 Posts
When I had my cd player fixed at the dealership, they curbed my rim and left a gash about an inch and half long. :pissed: However, they did reimburse me for the rim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts