Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car back from Lexus about a week ago and they replaced my CD player due to the wonderful ERROR 03, and I just noticed they scratched the sh*% out of my dash. All around the sides of where the radio is has nics and scratches all over it. I think I remember people taliking about Lexus doing this to their cars also, and I was wondering if Lexus fixed it for free or what. I havent called them yet I have had the car for a week and in that time I put a NAV and a dash kit in it. I have a feeling there going to blame me even though all I did was stick the dash kit on with the 3M tape. There is no way I could have done this. I just didnt notice it right away. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dealer scratched mine up the first time I had my CD player replaced, but repaired it before they returned it to me. Never even saw the damaged dash, but had to wait a few days for some kind of "touch up paint" to come in. Upon inspection, I couldn't discern any gouges or anything.

Of course, I *am* going on my fourth CD player, which is a source of great irritation for me. But my dealer now has the CD player replacement drill down (I'm assuming).

·
Registered
23 Posts
haha... sorry i had the same problem... after 2 dashboards,2 center consulls. they finally got it right.....

oh yeah and add 2 different radio's..

·
Registered
782 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
I got my car back from Lexus about a week ago and they replaced my CD player due to the wonderful ERROR 03, and I just noticed they scratched the sh*% out of my dash. All around the sides of where the radio is has nics and scratches all over it. I think I remember people taliking about Lexus doing this to their cars also, and I was wondering if Lexus fixed it for free or what. I havent called them yet I have had the car for a week and in that time I put a NAV and a dash kit in it. I have a feeling there going to blame me even though all I did was stick the dash kit on with the 3M tape. There is no way I could have done this. I just didnt notice it right away. Any suggestions???

i have exacly the same problem i called Lexus and they will fix it...i been told that stereo has a springs and thats waht caused the scracthes (LIKE I CARE)

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
my radio is working a ok , i wonder if it has something to do with the car being new....

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I had similar problems and the dealer ended up replacing almost the whole interior. Most Lexus dealers has real nice front, but got monkeys working at the back! I just found out that my front end bottom is scratched, again from the dealer. The only problem is that I didn't noticed it when I picked up my car (1000 miles) and I am sure they think I did it! I would call the general manager and file a complaint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
Lex300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing