Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car back from Lexus about a week ago and they replaced my CD player due to the wonderful ERROR 03, and I just noticed they scratched the sh*% out of my dash. All around the sides of where the radio is has nics and scratches all over it. I think I remember people taliking about Lexus doing this to their cars also, and I was wondering if Lexus fixed it for free or what. I havent called them yet I have had the car for a week and in that time I put a NAV and a dash kit in it. I have a feeling there going to blame me even though all I did was stick the dash kit on with the 3M tape. There is no way I could have done this. I just didnt notice it right away. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dealer scratched mine up the first time I had my CD player replaced, but repaired it before they returned it to me. Never even saw the damaged dash, but had to wait a few days for some kind of "touch up paint" to come in. Upon inspection, I couldn't discern any gouges or anything.

Of course, I *am* going on my fourth CD player, which is a source of great irritation for me. But my dealer now has the CD player replacement drill down (I'm assuming).

·
Registered
23 Posts
haha... sorry i had the same problem... after 2 dashboards,2 center consulls. they finally got it right.....

oh yeah and add 2 different radio's..

·
Registered
782 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
I got my car back from Lexus about a week ago and they replaced my CD player due to the wonderful ERROR 03, and I just noticed they scratched the sh*% out of my dash. All around the sides of where the radio is has nics and scratches all over it. I think I remember people taliking about Lexus doing this to their cars also, and I was wondering if Lexus fixed it for free or what. I havent called them yet I have had the car for a week and in that time I put a NAV and a dash kit in it. I have a feeling there going to blame me even though all I did was stick the dash kit on with the 3M tape. There is no way I could have done this. I just didnt notice it right away. Any suggestions???

i have exacly the same problem i called Lexus and they will fix it...i been told that stereo has a springs and thats waht caused the scracthes (LIKE I CARE)

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
my radio is working a ok , i wonder if it has something to do with the car being new....

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I had similar problems and the dealer ended up replacing almost the whole interior. Most Lexus dealers has real nice front, but got monkeys working at the back! I just found out that my front end bottom is scratched, again from the dealer. The only problem is that I didn't noticed it when I picked up my car (1000 miles) and I am sure they think I did it! I would call the general manager and file a complaint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts