Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to the Lexus Performance Tour in Dallas next weekend. I'm on the waiting list, and wondered if anyone has already registered, and hasn't committed to bringing a guest yet.

This should help make my decision between the 328i and IS300 - (I'm almost sure I want the IS300)

Thanks,

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by booker:
Is anyone going to the Lexus Performance Tour in Dallas next weekend. I'm on the waiting list, and wondered if anyone has already registered, and hasn't committed to bringing a guest yet.

This should help make my decision between the 328i and IS300 - (I'm almost sure I want the IS300)

Thanks,
My experience in DC was that the BMW line tends to move the slowest. Lots of people want to drive it back to back with the IS. (There seems to be less interest in Audi). But the tour had only 3 BMW's as against 6 IS's. There is an initial rush to the IS's though, so I'd jump in the BMW line first when they open up the lines. Be sure to go back, though, because your first time through, you'll just be learning the course.

My wife and I both went to the event expecting to prefer the IS. We both walked away, though, with a slight preference for the BMW. If the cars were the same price and if BMW had the same rep. for reliability that Lexus has, we'd definitely go with the 328/330. But we're not sure we want to pay an extra 4-5K upfront and then spend the extra time visiting BMW service, so it's become a harder decision than we expected and we're still sitting on the fence.

Have fun at the performance tour.

[This message has been edited by RacerX (edited July 13, 2000).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts