Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Damn Awesome Pictures dude!!!!!!!!!!!

Looked like "alot" of FUN!!!!

I like seeing the cars put through the changes like that!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Oh I forgot to ask...
I saw quite a bit of "Tire Smoke" during the laps. Did the Trac Control or LSD ever Kick
In??
Was it "Hard" to get the car to "Drift" with
Trac Control & LSD on??

Also, are you "Sure" the car you drove Shifted "Automatically" around Red Line while
in Manual????
What gears did this happen in??
Because in the wife's car when I've used E-
Shift the car WOULD NOT SHIFT until I shifted
it....
Even approaching Red-Line....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Those pictures are indeed awesome! I wish I could find a good place to toss my IS around now!

Whats a good way to find a track that rents time to scrubs like me?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah checked and it was on M. I even made sure to pull the selector to the left. It did it in the Bimmer too.

not sure if Mike had the traction control or not. but when I drove it, I had the traction control turned off and I was able to get the tail end to come loose in the turns.

------------------
#94STS -- Houston Region SCCA
'94 Civic SI
'92 Civic SI (parts car)
'84 BMW 325e
http://www.conecrazy.com

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Did you notice if the IS300s were completely stock (or not)? Some of your pictures seem to show them with non-stock wheels (and tires?) as well as possibly non stock ride height...

·
Registered
256 Posts
At the Atlanta event, they were running on Eagles.

SMRA, during my test drive at the dealership, I purposefully wanted to see the auto shift in E-Shift mode and pushed it as hard as I could without pressing on the Up shift button. I had the gas pedal on the floor and when it was almost or at red line, it shifted... I believe it was from 4th to 5th. I don't know if it'll shift in any other gear. I don't want to try in my car... yet.

[This message has been edited by darth_yao (edited July 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
591 Posts
With the Body Roll(Under Control) I saw on
the Pictures there's NO WAY those were After
Market Spings......

I think the cars were STOCK.

I think they were DRIVING THE HELL OUT of those IS's......

I wish I could find a track to take our's
on!

[This message has been edited by smra (edited July 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
424 Posts
My understanding and experience with the E-shift in IS is that when you put it in , say, gear 4 (on the display), and then put the car to a stop. Then you start again, and the car will shift from 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th until you press the "up" button or switch from "M" to "D".

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cars seem stock. All of them had LSD also. We didn't really look underneath to see if it had thicker sway bars or after market springs. but it did have considerably more body roll than the bimmer. so I'm guessing it's stock.

the tires were Good Year street tires.

I heard the bimmer doesn't have the sport suspension package and the Audi was an older model. I guess they were going for the same price tag.

jamie...

------------------
'94 Civic SI
'92 Civic SI (parts car)
'84 BMW 325e

·
Registered
202 Posts
This wouldn't happen to be Jamie from Houston, buddy of Shing's, Jesse's, and Al would it? IF so, damn it's a small internet world...This is ST, who came down from Cali to check out the Houston scene with you guys several months back at the dyno and stuff...

Originally posted by jamie:
ooops sorry for the double post but here are the pics.

http://www.conecrazy.com/pics/Lexus_Performance_Tour/

[This message has been edited by jamie (edited July 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shaun Tran? is that you? Oh man talk about a small world. Yeah Jesse is over right now. Gotta rewrite his resume hehehe...

he said "hey."

hehe this whole time I thought ST stood for Street Touring. LOL!

jamie..

------------------
'94 Civic SI
'92 Civic SI (parts car)
'84 BMW 325e

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a white IS300 and I really like the wing on the white one you have pictured. Where (if possible) can I purchase that wing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks like that silver IS had some people in the back in a couple of pics. Could be the headrests but looks like a helmet or two as well. It seems to be experiencing alot more body roll than the white or the yellow. Perhaps the added weight of extra bodies??

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The e-shift does shift by itself like AndyL said. I am actually driving my IS all the time now with the shift lever in the manual mode, and it shifts just like when you put in the D mode, although I do believe it has a tendency to stay in the gear a little bit longer before it upshift. This is good because you don't have to downshift when you needs acceleration immediately.

Daniel

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by toofaust:
Looks like that silver IS had some people in the back in a couple of pics
indeed it does. I was sitting in the back seat of one of the rides. I wish I had my video camera cause you can clearly see what the driver was doing. it was like a Sunday drive for him. He was even talking on his little intercom at the same time. truly impressive.

------------------
'94 Civic SI
'92 Civic SI (parts car)
'84 BMW 325e

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hmm...I'm from Houston too! Woo hoo...any ways, I went to the July 16 IS Performance Tour and when I was doing the hot lap (driver does some crazy stuff with you in the passenger seat,) I noticed that he wasn't in e-shift, but in the last shift position next to L (which is 3 I think.) While he did a lot of countersteering, he didn't do anything as far as shifting is concerned. The food tasted kind of stale, but thanks to them, I have a stack of matching Lexus napkins in my IS!

P.S. hey jamie, do you think we could get a club started here in Houston?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by Daniel:
The e-shift does shift by itself like AndyL said.

Hmmmm, I don't know why your cars are "Shifting By Themselves in Manual" ????
I've tried Daily to get my wife's Is to do
that. (But It Won't) (And Thats Great!)
I've even gone to "RED LiNe" still No Shift,
unless from me........
I guess the Cars have different personalities "Through-Out" ........
So far I LOVE Our's Personality!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
12 Participants
jamie
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing