Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Lexus Performance Driving School will make its first visit to the West Coast when the school hosts an all-day session at California Speedway’s 2.8-mile, 21-turn road course on Monday, June 9.<P>

The high performance driving school will combine "behind-the-steering-wheel’ experience and class-room training to teach safe driving skills and basic race driving techniques to school participants. Throughout the full-day session, professional driving instructors will guide participants through a variety of driving exercises in the Lexus I-S sport sedan GS performance sedan and LS luxury sedan.<P>

“We’re excited to finally be able to bring the Lexus Performance Driving School to Southern California,” said Mike Wells, Lexus vice president of marketing. “The school offers individuals a chance to learn new skills, as well as polish their performance driving skills, before actually challenging California Speedway’s demanding oval and road combination course in the Lexus I-S, GS and LS.”<P>

Among the driving exercises that Lexus Performance Driving School attendees will complete are ‘Skid Pad’ and ‘Slalom Course’ drills, along with braking and cornering training. Participants will focus on car control in adverse conditions during the ‘Skid Pad’ exercise, and will gauge a car’s handling on a simulated winding road on the ‘Slalom Course.’ The braking and cornering drills will demonstrate the importance of having the suspension, brakes and tires working together.<P>

At the end of the day, participants will test their newfound knowledge by taking ‘hot laps’ around California Speedway’s oval and road course in Lexus I-S, GS and LS sedans. The ‘hot laps’ are designed to bring together all the skills taught during the Lexus Performance Driving School.<P>

Following the conclusion of the California Speedway session, each participant will receive a certificate of completion authenticated by the chief driving instructor, along with a photo of themselves with the official Team Lexus race car.<P>

In addition to the Lexus Performance Driving School, the company will have a strong presence at California Speedway throughout the Grand American Road Racing Association race weekend at the track, June 6-8. Lexus will serve as title sponsor of Saturday’s Grand-Am Cup race—featuring race cars that are production vehicles with only minimal modifications—the Lexus Grand American 250, Presented by your Southern California Lexus Dealers.

<b>Lexus Driving School</b>
The Baltimore-based Team Lexus will have three Lexus I-S vehicles entered in the Lexus Grand American 250. Last year, Team Lexus captured team and driver championships in the Sport Touring I class. The Lexus Performance Driving School debuted earlier this year (Jan. 17-18) with two sessions at Texas Motor Speedway. In August, the school will hold two sessions at Wisconsin’s picturesque and historical Road America circuit on August 8 and 9.<P>

Class size in the Lexus Performance Driving School is limited to 60 participants, and the cost per participant is $395. For more information about the Lexus Performance Driving School, visit the school’s website at www.lexusdrivingschool.com. Tickets for the Lexus Grand American 250 and the Grand American race weekend can be purchased by calling 1-800-944-RACE (7223) or logging onto www.californiaspeedway.com.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts