Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from Lexus of Thousand Oaks here today in Southern California (damn its hot here) and they've confirmed that TEG's June 15th release date. They will have a few IS' in, most likely black and silver, the lady said they've already SOLD one, hmm... wither that person doesn't need to test drive to buy, or she is just b.s.-ing and she asked if i wanted to come down and drop a deposit. I wonder how many Spectra Blues they will get with Luxury pkg, Moonroof, LSD, 17' Graphites (everything but the Heated seats, which TEG says I might have to get anyway because of Lexus' build list) maybe I should hit Longo or Oxnard Lexus...Good to hear they will have an IS near me in the near future.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Some dealers are saying that they plan to keep the June 15th cars for at least a week even if they have buyers. They may be having an "intro party" or something on the 23rd, so the dealers don't want to be empty handed.

Don't trust the build lists too much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
BTW TEG I confirmed that the build order for the East was current info and they affirmed that it was. There may be some last minute changes to the car one of which I mentioned about enlarging the gas tank to 18 gallons. We are getting an older crowd coming to see this car. Newness has its own attraction. The seats are one of the strong points of the car. Very supportive, good side bolstering, non slip with the ecsaine center sections. I haven't tried the base manual seat yet to confirm its feel. Due to the closer shipping distance to the West coast you should be able to see the final version before we will. The factory is apparently all new which surprised me. I haven't been to Toyota City myself but I understand that it is a massive complex with houses built for the employees in one day per house! Maybe they should try exporting Toyota houses. They have quite a few factory locations and some are contracted suppliers.
I would be interested in finding more information about the IS300 factory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts