Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I posted this earlier, but since I'm new, did a reply instead of a new post. oops.

Anyway, for all those thinking about buying their IS at Lexus of Thousand Oaks, beware.

Hopefully this was an isolated case, but, I purchased my IS on the 8th, and the salesman told me, specifically, the car would be there around the 14th. He said it was already in port, and infact was now on a truck to be delivered any day. Needless to say, my car still isn't here(15th), and when I went in on the 12th to sign the final paperwork and pay my down payment, the manager just happened to mention my car would come into PORT on the 19th and arive around the 29th. You can just about imagine my reaction(I only wish the salesman was there to take my agression instead of the manager), I came unglued.

But, I guess it all worked out. I ended up getting a free spoiler, free tint(at the shop of my choice), free wheel locks, free cargo net, and a free rental car in the mean time(new Caty I think), and poss, a free graphite kit.

I'm sure Lexus of Thousand Oaks is a good dealership, and it's good to know they have great service, but be careful. Ask to see the actual date in the computer, so you don't get all EXCITED and then $hit on by some salesman trying to earn a buck.(no offense if your a salesman, just venting)

[This message has been edited by Kroezer (edited August 23, 2000).]

·
15,322 Posts
mans, dont post BEWARE OF LEXUS THOUSAND OAKS, thats wrong, one saleman f'ed up and the dealer hooked you up, damn, you got a ****load of goodies worth a lot (considering they charge 1500 for a graphite dash kit, $200 for tint, 500 worth of oil changes, $39 for wheel locks, 200 for a car cover, 80 cargo net, 200? spoiler and a new rental lux car for 15 days (lux car rental for one day is around $60 plus ins), tell me you didn't make out like a bandit?, **** for waiting 15 more days you got al least $2600 in goodies, can you make $2600 sitting at home waiting anywhere else? if they were so bad, and you found out the car would come in later than promised, don't sign the paper work and go to Lexus of Oxnard. I went to Thousand Oaks and i found all of them to be professional and nice, esp the manager and salesperson Lora B. i bought my car at Lexus of Oxnard, they were very good and i would buy from them again, i would not hesitate to buy from either dealers and when i do buy another car, i will go there if i want a lex. Lexus of Oxnard (my dealer) told me my car would be in by July 4th, i got it July 1st. i paid MSRP and didnt get any extra goodies, as have many others who bought in the first and second shipments, hell ppl are still paying MSRP. so assuming you did pay MSRP, you got a discount, cuz some ppl who got spoilers, carbon fiber, car covers, tint, paid extra for it on top of MRSP.
I know you are just trying to warn potential buyers but next time, say SOCAL BUYERS BEWARE: CROOKED SALESMAN and then type out what you did, cus ppl are going to look at the title and not give TO a chance. You can do two things, 1) act mad but be happy knowing you made out like a bandit, or 2) don't sign and go elsewhere and payt MSRP for the car only, minus rental, minus carbon fiber, minus car cover, minus spoiler and all that.
BTW, what color, options did you get? maybe we can go canyon carving sometime, i live in Oxnard and had my SBM IS since July 1st. maybe start the SoCal chapter of the ISclub

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, don't get me wrong, your right, the rest of the sales force was very professional. But, you know what they say "it only takes one bad egg to ruin the whole basket". I would have went to Lexus of Oxnard, but your right, I did make out like a bandit. I am very thankful for the managers understanding and cooperation, and as you can see, he did more than make up for it; he was awsome. He hooked me up phat!! I guess i sould have said "Beware of port date". Anyway, waiting a couple more weeks isn't to bad, but everyone here knows how excited they were to pick up thier IS....this was just very dissapointing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D.C., When I get it, it will be Silver, with every option, except the LSD, and Heated seats, since they don't make a Silver IS in Cali with those options. Well....maybe they do. That same saleman gave me that info. Do you know anything about this(Silver w/ limited Opts. in CA).

Hey, when this baby comes in, how fun would it be to hed up hwy 150 to Ojai. I've heard it's an absolute must if you have a good handling car. I think the IS would do just fine.

·
15,322 Posts
there's some things you can't get in Ca, like graphite rims, LS package with LSD, LP without HH, i got mine with everything, LP, LSD, Moonroof, but i also got heated seats (don't need them here in ca and didnt want them) but i had to get that if i wanted the LP so whatever, you should be able to get a silver with LSD and Heated Seats (why?) if you opt for the LP (the one with the wood switch plates) but you can do without heated seats and LSD, unless u want to change your odrer (will u still get the goodies?), there some things you can't get anywhere, yellow with ivory int.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I don't think silver and wood would go over very well, so I'll just keep my order the same. Besides I don't really plan on racing it anyway, which seems to me is the only real serious reason to have LSD in a car anyway(not enough torque to loosen the rearend when its dry, but probably would help in the rain combined w/ TRAC con.). And if I did plan on racing it I would change the rearend out for a true locker to give me complete control.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Teg, but do you know why that is? wil it be offer soon? In the 2001?

------------------
If you can leave black marks from the exit point of one turn, to the breaking point of the next, then, and only then do you have enough horsepower.

[From TEG: It is just the way the dealer committee in the western region decided to order the cars from the factory. They can revise their order strategy whenever they meet, but they all have to agree. I can't tell you if/when they will change their plans.]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited August 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked my IS300 from Thousand Oaks Lexus on Saturday. Since I wanted the silver I had to wait 8 weeks, but that was ok with me. Everyone there was GREAT and no bull**it. The Salesperson, ISABELLE, even picked me up the airport. She was very helpful. Since I was from out of town, she even had an extra coat of wax applied on the front end to keep off all the bug splatters. I would highly recommend her, especially if you want a discount (I got $1125 from MSRP). Don't condemn the entire dealership cuz of one jerk.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Originally posted by Kroezer:
Hey, I posted this earlier, but since I'm new, did a reply instead of a new post. oops.

Anyway, for all those thinking about buying their IS at Lexus of Thousand Oaks, beware.

Hopefully this was an isolated case, but, I purchased my IS on the 8th, and the salesman told me, specifically, the car would be there around the 14th. He said it was already in port, and infact was now on a truck to be delivered any day. Needless to say, my car still isn't here(15th), and when I went in on the 12th to sign the final paperwork and pay my down payment, the manager just happened to mention my car would come into PORT on the 19th and arive around the 29th. You can just about imagine my reaction(I only wish the salesman was there to take my agression instead of the manager), I came unglued.

But, I guess it all worked out. I ended up getting a free spoiler, free tint(at the shop of my choice), free wheel locks, free cargo net, and a free rental car in the mean time(new Caty I think), and poss, a free graphite kit.

I'm sure Lexus of Thousand Oaks is a good dealership, and it's good to know they have great service, but be careful. Ask to see the actual date in the computer, so you don't get all EXCITED and then $hit on by some salesman trying to earn a buck.(no offense if your a salesman, just venting)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
LOVMyIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing