Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, probably the wrong section to post this in, but I thought I'd just let everyone who bought a car from Lexus of Bellevue in Washington know that they recently opened up their car wash to the general public providing you purchased your car from them.

I've ran my car through it a few times so far and I have to admit it's a state of the art car wash, does a really great job and it's totally free!!! It's available 12:00pm - 3:00pm 7 days a week. Just show up anytime within the time window at the service area and tell the valet you want a car wash. They will put some car wash thingy on top of your car and you pull around to the back where the car wash is and run it through yourself. But that's not all...

Before you enter, they wipe & pressure wash the wheels & lower half of the car, then the machine takes over and you just enjoy the ride, then it dries you at the end and when you come out of it a couple more guys shami off any remaining wetness and put a clear coat on the tires to shine them up. It really comes out looking very nice! At the end they simply wave you on, so no tipping even implied!!! FREE FREE FREE

·
Registered
248 Posts
Free car washes if you buy from them? For life? lol Yeah right, what's next, pigs flying outside my house? I should drive up there from Portland just to check it out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I still have the dealer plate frames, so they don't do any verification, etc and just run me through. I'm curious though if / when I do change them if they'll try to verify I bought from them

I bought mine shortly before they implemented this and my sales guy was cool enough to call me after the fact just to tell me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well considering I simply don't have time to spend washing the car every other week, and with the brake crud darkening up the front wheels so fast this is a big plus for me especially considering the dealership is close to my work anyway.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
all the lexus dealerships i have been to have done the same even if u havnt bought your car there...
ditto..

in fact, that is one of lexus's founding philosophies for its dealerships, to always clean a car and have it look as if it left the showroom floor everytime it comes back in for servicing....

we always have customers come in often for just a wash....

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Lexus of Tacoma just built a new car wash at there facility. But I dont like running my car through a machine. Hand wash my car by myself. So if I see scratches, then I know I will be pissed at myself.:pissed: Not at a machine or some human. Im anal. :lol:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah.. it's true, I valet there.

We don't even bother checking to see where you purchased the car so just bring it in if you want.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Free car washes if you buy from them? For life? lol Yeah right, what's next, pigs flying outside my house? I should drive up there from Portland just to check it out.
If you only saw this new dealership...

Not sure how many Millions of dollars it was to build, but its HUGE!

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you only saw this new dealership...

Not sure how many Millions of dollars it was to build, but its HUGE!
Last I heard O'Brien spent roughly $60 million on the facility, give or take. It's 230,000 sq ft and 4 floors, with an escalator, elevator, and deli.

It's the second largest delearship in the country, and we can put another floor on it if needed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Dang! I never new Lexus of Bellevue had 4 levels! Whoa! I was looking at their mini slide show of the building and they have alot of stalls for sales. I wonder if they even use all of them. It looks nice though.

and.. Here I thought they only wash your car when you get a service done or a problem checked. I knew never they'd wash it for free! But.. I'd have to agree 4drIS. I don't like to run my car under machine either. Hand washing is the only way to go. Esp. when someone has a body kit. :) Its always after you wash your car, do the scratches and or dents appear! Grrrr!

·
Master Troll
497 Posts
when i had my 30k service there, they didn't even run it through the wash for me! i didn't wash it myself because they always do the wash.. and i pick it up and its still dirty as hell! When Eve called to see how the service went, i told her that they didn't wash it, and she mailed me coupons for free carwashes. Figures, now that you guys say you can get em for free anyway!

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I visited the new dealership to pick up a part, the parts department looked like a place where I should be scheduling a massage or a golf outing.

I felt underdressed, haha. The girl behind the counter was very cute though.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I used the Bellevue Lex car wash just the other day. It's kinda nice you can run it through yourself. It's nicer than the Brown bear ones too

·
Registered
600 Posts
When I visited the new dealership to pick up a part, the parts department looked like a place where I should be scheduling a massage or a golf outing.

I felt underdressed, haha. The girl behind the counter was very cute though.
That was probably Michelle, she's good people :)

BTW the car wash is actually the best automated wash I've seen, and it should be... it cost the dealership around $100K. But if you have a black car and you buffed it recently, I don't recommend taking it through. A hand wash is definitely the better way to go.

If you guys need the hook up on a good hand wash and are afraid of taking the car through the automated wash, I'm there on the weekends and I'll hook you up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts