Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
stop torturing me and hurry up and put the videos up...please???=) hehe :p

------------------
1997 5-speed Alpine White M3 Coupe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by mrclam:
stop torturing me and hurry up and put the videos up...please???=) hehe :p


LoL......
mrclam did you ever check out the Acura CL Type S Road Test I have in Freedrive??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,445 Posts
i have it recorded on my replay tv thing haha

it's great car.....got good reviews but front styling is a bit bland
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with the Bland front end.
Thats why the Solid Black look the best.
The front end characteristics Blend in better. Thus really seeing headlights more than the grill........


Smra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
where can i download the CL-s test drive vedio? please provide the link. thanks.

I am with Mrclam, please have that 40mb file up, PLEEEEEAZZZZZE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by yamaot:
where can i download the CL-s test drive vedio? please provide the link. thanks.

I am with Mrclam, please have that 40mb file up, PLEEEEEAZZZZZE
Yamaot,
Go to link below and follow the Instructions. Its Very Simple.
http://www.freedrive.com/ASP/PostFolderShortcut.asp?fsc=13559605

This Web Storage has a 50meg Limit.
Which is good for these High Quality Video Clips.

Sorry hadn't got the LS430 & Audi All Road up.

Took the family back up to Chimney Rock yesterday.
Will get them up tommorrow.

Smra.



[This message has been edited by smra (edited October 23, 2000).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
finally got it, but your account has exceed the 500mb download limit. Please don't delete it, I will check back later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
if u wanna talk about ugly, the ls430 is one HIDEOUS car...oh my god the designers should be shot in the back of the head.

and the commercials for that heap? don't even get me started.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by yamaot:
finally got it, but your account has exceed the 500mb download limit. Please don't delete it, I will check back later
Sorry, that file is Pretty Popular....
Like the prompt said try again later (24hrs)

Smra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
While I agree that the ls 430 is not the best looking car, I don't think its that bad, but I do like the look of the ls400 more.

[This message has been edited by JoeD (edited October 23, 2000).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
A similar fate should fall on the designers of the Pontiac Aztek



Originally posted by geoff:
if u wanna talk about ugly, the ls430 is one HIDEOUS car...oh my god the designers should be shot in the back of the head.

and the commercials for that heap? don't even get me started.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
the ls430 is ugly as hell but makes up for it in options and stuff like that


------------------
1997 5-speed Alpine White M3 Coupe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to somewhat agree with Clam and Geoff here. I love Lexus cars, but the new LS430 (my dad's getting one), although a great car lacks design sophistication. It's unaesthetic and bland. Not outright ugly, but not as inspiring as the 740 or the S class. Toyota (Lexus) must consider firing their chief designer and replacing him with someone from BMW or Mercedes, or even Audi.
Obviously the Germans are much better at designing cars than the Japs. The LS430 does look like a big Toyota Avalon. Too bad Lexus will have to stick with this shape (and watch sales suffer - unfortunately) for the next 6 or 7 years, before they give it a makeover. While the Benzes and Bimmers get sexier and more powerful, Lexus is focussing on cost cutting and adding amenities. Comon guys, give the car some sex appeal, something people would love it for besides the luxury. How about class leading power and performance too?!
Don't get me wrong though. The LS430 is a technological marvel. It's got every possible option that one could want in a car, and it is perhaps the most refined and well built car in the market. But the exterior makes it all in vain.

black/ivory
17"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,515 Posts
Funny, my dad is signing the paperwork as I write this and I feel the same way you do. But he asked me an interesting question. What would you drive if you are 60 and take top level people of 5A1 companies out for meetings and lunch two or three times a week? Well, it's either the LS, 7, S, or A8. When put that way it makes a little more sense despite the poor exterior design.

Originally posted by hasanazhar:
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to somewhat agree with Clam and Geoff here. I love Lexus cars, but the new LS430 (my dad's getting one), although a great car lacks design sophistication. It's unaesthetic and bland. Not outright ugly, but not as inspiring as the 740 or the S class. Toyota (Lexus) must consider firing their chief designer and replacing him with someone from BMW or Mercedes, or even Audi.
Obviously the Germans are much better at designing cars than the Japs. The LS430 does look like a big Toyota Avalon. Too bad Lexus will have to stick with this shape (and watch sales suffer - unfortunately) for the next 6 or 7 years, before they give it a makeover. While the Benzes and Bimmers get sexier and more powerful, Lexus is focussing on cost cutting and adding amenities. Comon guys, give the car some sex appeal, something people would love it for besides the luxury. How about class leading power and performance too?!
Don't get me wrong though. The LS430 is a technological marvel. It's got every possible option that one could want in a car, and it is perhaps the most refined and well built car in the market. But the exterior makes it all in vain.

black/ivory
17"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Brad, Its the same situation with me. I entertain customers almost every day and I need a big soft car, the LS is perfect. Anyways, its good looking in dark colors, and bears no resemblence to the Avalon in person.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
I guess that's one of the reasons my dad's gettin it. He's gonna be 50 in a few years, and he cares more for quality, amenities, and overall value. He's getting the top of the line model with every possible option, including rear power and heated seats, and a mini refrigerator. All for about $68K. If you look at it that way, the car is hard to beat.
I know the car is great overall, but they could've designed it better to make it a more inspiring automotive experience. Like the BMW 740 - which after 6 years, still attracts attention.
So Lexus (Toyota), hire a new designer, this time from Germany.

black/ivory
17"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
honestly, i hate the 7...the newer ones do look a bit slicker, i dont' know if its really true, maybe its because they're cleaner, but either way, i'd prefer a mercedes S to a bmw 7 any day. i've seen the future 7 series plans too and although they are not definite i still think its not going to be good enough to compete with MB's S class.....to me the S class is the best looking sedan i've probably ever seen(as far as luxury cruiser anyhow)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
I'd have to agree with you there Clam. But the 7 outhandles even the S, and it's a lot more sporty. A new one's on the way though. And judging by the other designs BMW's come up with, I'm sure it'll be a very aesthetically pleasing car - not to mention technologically advanced.
But the S is very graceful, no doubt.
For the money, though, the LS430 ain't a bad luxo cruiser at all. If only it didn't look so bland.

black/ivory
17"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
sure the 7 might outhandle the S, but in all honesty, WHO CARES about handling when you're driving big luxo cruisers =) he he.....i certainly don't ;P just as long as its decent i won't mind, im' not going to be racing any thing like that. but yeah, the ls could use some better styling
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
10 Participants
mrclam
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top