Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the LED strips to put on the headlights. I don't want to glue them on the outside, because it looks ghetto and someone might steal them.

Does anyone know where I can find the instruction to put them inside, I heard you need to remove the bumper or the lights, not sure.
I have an 07 lexus is 250

Here is where i bought it and

VLine - automotive accessory LED light (LED light strip)

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
You have to remove the lights, bake them, insert and install the leds, rebake the lights make sure you do a good job, then install them back on the car and hook the new leds to 12v.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just like IS300SOON said it^^^ you have to bake your lights, open them up install them on the inside, and then bake to put them back together. I did it on mine, but i ran seperate wires to a switch, cause i want to have the capability to turn them on and off as I please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Instructions

Ok and what do you mean by bake? i am sorry i am not very savvy on this. do you know anywhere where they have the instructions or who can install it?

·
Registered
238 Posts
here is the link I found and used.

DIY INFO: Black Headlight MOD! - Club Lexus Forums

and a video

the LED strips i bought had 3M adhesive on the back but the front also had an adhesive on it, or at least it felt like they did, and once i had the headlights open i placed it against the lens on the inside, they stuck to it and have been on for almost 2 months now, haven't had a problem, run the wires through the housing, you will notice a little black rubber boot behind the headlight, remove that and you will see an opening where you can run the wires through. I also painted my housing since i had the lights opened up. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
Do NOT remove the boot, that is designed to sit there for a reason. There is a foam filter in it, this filter helps with regulating the heat inside the headlight.

D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes, good point, I completely left that out, when i said remove it, i meant just while you run your wires, make sure to put the boot back on! Thank you is300soon! good catch.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
No problemo :)

D

·
Registered
61 Posts
i bought the LED strips to put on the headlights. I don't want to glue them on the outside, because it looks ghetto and someone might steal them.

Does anyone know where I can find the instruction to put them inside, I heard you need to remove the bumper or the lights, not sure.
I have an 07 lexus is 250

Here is where i bought it and

VLine - automotive accessory LED light (LED light strip)
Cool and to think I was going to purchase a '11 just to have those stock LEDs. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts