Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the dealer today, and as while i was there the shop foreman came up to me and told me that lexus was experimenting a couple is's with turbo's. who know, maybe someday they might come equiped with the 320hp from the manufacture...by the way, this was at lexus of pembroke pines, in florida....

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah in a galaxy far far away. Lexus has not sold a turbo since they swam a shore here? You think they are ready for that kinda change? I think turbo is "beneath" the refinement of lexus. (PS my nose is still up in the air)

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Not only that but the engine bay looks like it's too small for the setup that the Supra TT had.

------------------
MAD
2000 4Runner Highlander 4x4 Millenium Silver
Injen Intake and TRD Badges which don't really help performance at all but sure look purty!
1995 Honda Civic CX Sapphire Blue
1.5L with no mods whatsoever
16" Konig Tuner Wheels (the wife liked them and hey, it's her car!)
0-60 in (takes a real long time) 10 sec?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was thinking that the setup in the MA70 supra turbos would work. I think it was either a 2.5 litre I-6 single turbo or the 3.0 litre I-6 single turbo. Anyway, that engine with a little modern updates could make for a fast IS.

------------------
IS/MR2 spyder fan

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Maybe they'll have the same setup as Tom's Altezza....if they decide to go with it, but I say they won't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts