Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Übercargeek
16,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
25499The February 2010 print edition of Car & Driver magazine suggests this is the case, and we're certainly not about to disagree. In a brief blurb in their Upfront section titled Unintentional Exotics, they remind us that, occasionally, mundane cars sell in such small numbers that they become de facto "exotics" that are rarer than, say, Bentley's $189,095 Continental GT coupe, of which 6860 units have been sold in the United States as new cars from 2004 to the present (roughly the mid-December 2009 publishing date of the article). By contrast, only 3088 Lexus IS300 SportCrosses were sold here as new cars between 2002 and 2005. Almost twice as rare (and more than ten times as likely to turn into a non-functioning pile of crap), the article informs us, is the Jaguar X-Type Sportwagon, with only 1602 units sold as new in the U.S. between 2005 and 2008.

Fans (and proud owners) of the Lexus IS300 SportCross can now rightfully brag that their rides are more exclusive than a Bentley!

Attachments

Reactions: sway162

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
.. and those lucky Gita-style owners won't suffer the same fate as one Bentley driver did in Miami Vice the movie :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love my 2002 SportCross. It is the perfect car for me. Just installed my SRT intake and looking for a good coilover system. Any recommendations or pics? :cool:

·
Exclusive Agent
3,582 Posts
I saw my first-ever X-Type Wagon last year. I didn't even know they built them. I was like "Whoa, is that an X-Type Wagon? I'd never seen one!" and none of my car buddies have ever seen one, either.

SportCrosses are very rare. I have seen very few on the road.
The SportCross isn't a bad idea either, because I could use the extra room right now. That blue one in the picture looks great!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
LOL^

I will be keeping my Sportx for as long as I live.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I love my 2002 SportCross. It is the perfect car for me. Just installed my SRT intake and looking for a good coilover system. Any recommendations or pics? :cool:
Check out the Sportcross Forum. You will see plenty of pics in there and will get a good idea on what suspension you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts