Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about this?

Welcome to my auction...I'm new to Ebay but not new to Selling. I have some great items up for auction so please view my other items. I ship everything thru UPS in well packaged boxes in a timely manner. Here is your oppurtunity to get ahold of a great tubular turbo manifold that is about to be introduced to the market in late January 2003. It will be advertised in Turbo Magazine & Sport Compact Car. UP for auction is a new 2JZ-GE Single turbo conversion manifold for the 2001+ Lexus IS300. The manifold is setup to receive any T4 turbo. ****The manifold pictured in auction is not the actual manifold you will receive. Each manifold is made to your exact needs, including which wastegate you will be using. The manifold pictured is very, very simiar to the one you will be receiving**** When ordering your manifold simply state to us the wastegate you will be using. ****The retail price of this manifold begginging in January 2003 will be $1499.99**** Each manifold is made with great cratsmanship and excellent quality. They have a 5 year warranty against cracking. Each flange starts off as a 1/2 inch thick piece of steel. They are the cut using a state of the art CNC Abrasive Water Jet Machine. We set the standards by using the thickest runners in the industry. All runners are minimum of 1/8 thick. Each manifold is handmade utilizing the Mig & Tig Welding process. These manifolds are race proven and will flow over 1000+ HP. So take advantage now and get ahold of this great manifold and at large discount while you still can. If there is any other turbo application you are in need of, we most likely carry it. Please contact us via email. Buyer pays shipping. Payment is due within 3 days end of auction. *****Please email me with any questions***** I accept paypal or money orders. Thanks for looking and Good Luck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874432360

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Re: Nice turbo manifold

it looks like the one that the user alex1722 just sold, it also looks like an exact copy of the greddy header for the GTE

i wouldn't be too quick to jump on it, the auction starter seems a bit evasive, his location is
"free shipping for xmas"

:roll:

if you don't live near, or within an area that you could drive to his location, i wouldn't bid on it.

-gte

maxvelocitymotor said:
It seems to me like a really nice, expensive looking turbo manifold. Anybody else can give their feedback....Thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
That's a little sketchy to me. The picture is of a manifold for a "2JZ-GTE". They also said that they are using 1/8" thick tubing, but the thickest stainless tubing that you can get is about 1/16" (.065). The only steel tubing you can get that thick is cast, and the picture does not show cast steel. Plus a cast steel header should cost half the price of that one. It would be foolish to buy that without seeing pics of what you are bidding on.

Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Everybody

Well I would like to begin by introducing myself. My name is Emilio and I am the head of sales at Precision Turbo Manifolds. I have been very active in the import car scene for the last 6 years. I have worked very close w/ some of the biggest race shops in Southern Florida. My staff behind product development has been doing this for over 20 years. I would like for everybody to be aware of me and my companies intentions. We are here to provide you with all your turbo needs, while providing you with an untouchable level of quality behind our products. I guarantee you that nobody will beat our quality. Bottom line we give the best HP bang for your buck. If anybody has any questions please email me at [email protected] or call me at (305) 303-0836. If I am not available please leave me a message and I will return it as soon as possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
turbo manifold

Now in response to Jeff's comment about the thickness of our manifolds; Yes they are 1/8 thick. Our Ebay auction never stated that we use Stainless Steel. We at PTM do not like to use S.S. due to its tendency to crack at high temperature use. We use mild steel which tends to crack significantly less than any other material on this earth for turbo manifolds. Our auction for the IS300 manifold stated that the item you were viewing was not for a 2JZ-GE, but that it was for a 2JZ-GTE Supra. The manifold for the IS300 is the same tubular style with the wastegate setting to the side. The only difference is that we use an exhaust flange for a N/A Supra 2JZ-GE motor. I simply wanted to clarify somethings about our product. I look forward to being able to chat with everybody about our common love with turboed Toyota's.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Re: turbo manifold

Boosted_is300 said:
Now in response to Jeff's comment about the thickness of our manifolds; Yes they are 1/8 thick. Our Ebay auction never stated that we use Stainless Steel.
So you charge $1500 for a mild steel manifold?

Boosted_is300 said:
We at PTM do not like to use S.S. due to its tendency to crack at high temperature use. We use mild steel which tends to crack significantly less than any other material on this earth for turbo manifolds.
You should rethink your comments, It's one think to say that mild steel is good, but to say that is less crack prone then 304 stainless, 321 stainless or inconel is absurd. In fact I think that comment has to go on my top 10 list for dumbest things I have ever heard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
reply to someone's lack of knowledge.

Well to begin with....Lance from Toyomoto sells his cast manifolds for $1800 brand new in the box shipped. It seems to me that you are offended because someone has stepped into the market to give you some competition. If you are so proud of your S.S. manifolds lets see a posted pic of them on this thread and compare quality. I have been taught to believe that everyone is allowed to give their own $.02, but to go out and disrespect someone you have never even spoken to, is a show of your character. If you are so eager to get new business, put pictures your product out for everyone to see it. I really believe that you need to learn something called respect. Unlike your business, the IS300 turbo kit is not my only means of feeding my family. I have been providing the highest level of custom fabrications for turbo cars of all makes!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
here is a small question for you.. if mild steel is so good why is it NO ONE else uses mild steel on their manifolds.. HKS... SP.. ect..and I am not being a dick just askin. also why did my mild steel manifold crack that was made by XS Engineering?

again I am not here to start arguments just askin questions...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Re: reply to someone's lack of knowledge.

any fabricator knows that stainless steel, and its molecular properties fair better against heat, when compared to mild steel. mild steel manifolds usually rust from the inside out.

you and your company's fabricator should read these if you actually believe the bullshit that you wrote about mild vs stainless

http://www.randomunity.com/superrod/product_profiles/extech_images/product_profiles_extech1.html

read this (especially the first sentance, second page)
http://www.burnsstainless.com/TechArticles/Construction/construction.html

read this, notice how they refer to it as "super stainless" - which basically infers a class system, inconel, then stainless, then mild at the bottom of the totem pole
http://www.burnsstainless.com/TechArticles/Inconel_article/inconel_article.html

read the first words of this page, off to the RH side
http://www.burnsstainless.com/321tubing/321tubing.html

i can go on and on about this, but why bother, its like me trying to argue with you that the sun is yellow, and you are telling me its red, i know i'm right, anyone that has the ability to see the sun knows i'm right and you have no validity to your statement

-gte

oh, and here are 2 well designed, proper material manifolds

and they are both the same price as yours, when they are purchased without a wastegate or downpipe, except they are NOT mild steel pieces of shit :eek:

i don't care how good the welding is, you can't claim greatness with a mild steel manifold. thats like bmw claiming that the new m3 motor will be super reliable because they used special bolts to put it all together -

Boosted_is300 said:
Well to begin with....Lance from Toyomoto sells his cast manifolds for $1800 brand new in the box shipped. It seems to me that you are offended because someone has stepped into the market to give you some competition. If you are so proud of your S.S. manifolds lets see a posted pic of them on this thread and compare quality. I have been taught to believe that everyone is allowed to give their own $.02, but to go out and disrespect someone you have never even spoken to, is a show of your character. If you are so eager to get new business, put pictures your product out for everyone to see it. I really believe that you need to learn something called respect. Unlike your business, the IS300 turbo kit is not my only means of feeding my family. I have been providing the highest level of custom fabrications for turbo cars of all makes!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Re: reply to someone's lack of knowledge.

Boosted_is300 said:
It seems to me that you are offended because someone has stepped into the market to give you some competition. If you are so proud of your S.S. manifolds lets see a posted pic of them on this thread and compare quality. I have been taught to believe that everyone is allowed to give their own $.02, but to go out and disrespect someone you have never even spoken to, is a show of your character.
Look, you posted an ad on ebay that was vague and, sketchy (no picture of your actual product), that is why I responded, then you made a stupid comment about mild steel. You even made a comment that your manifold is "race proven and will flow over 1000hp" have you tested that or is that another bait and switch (greddy manifold that yours looks like, can flow that much). Is your lexus manifold race proven to flow over 1000 hp? Because the people on this board would be very interested in your project and parts if you made that much hp with an IS300. There are a lot of people that try to scam sh*t on the internet, and I've even had someone try to use me in one of there scams. I'm not saying that your a scam, hopefully you will prove that you are a legit business, with a good product. But I pointed out somethings that didn't make sense to me. I am not afraid to compete, nor would I ever disrespect another tuner. If I was afraid of competition, then why would I make a turbo kit after Toyomoto and XS Eng made the cover of Turbo mag, and with Powerhouse, SRT, and Area 51 making f/i kits?

Boosted_is300 said:
If you are so eager to get new business
I'm not eager to get new buisness, I have a backlog of customers that will keep me busy for a long while.

Boosted_is300 said:
I really believe that you need to learn something called respect. Unlike your business, the IS300 turbo kit is not my only means of feeding my family. I have been providing the highest level of custom fabrications for turbo cars of all makes!
Respect what? You didn't even post your business name until someone commented about your product. If you would have said in your ebay ad that your manifold was mildsteel, and posted actual pics of the product, you would have never even heard a peep out of me. So then you come on and make a stupid comment about mild steel, and you want me to bow down like your a god. If you posted a movie or a pic of a turbocharged IS300 with 1000hp or even a 250hp, you would have never heard any thing from me. But your ad was sketchy, and the sketch was backed up with your comments about mild steel (do you really believe that, or did you think if you worded it like it was scientific law that no one would comment on it?)

And how the f*ck do you know what my business does? IS300 turbo kits is not "the only means of feeding my family". Respect you...after making a comment like that...FU!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
hey, what do you know boosted_IS300 = maxvelocitymotor ...
here is what max wrote in a similiar post, instead of just coming clean, and say it was his manifold and giving the information like a normal business owner would

maxvelocitymotors or boosted_is300 in this other post [url said:
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13326558][/url]

maxvelocitymotor
.NET Newbie

Posted: Yesterday at 18:01 Post subject: New turbo manifold on the market..whatcha think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys..I saw this on Ebay and wanted your opinion. This is a new company out of South Florida. There work is simply the standard from what I've been told. Here is the link for the ebay auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=1874432360&rd=1 If the link does not work here is the ebay item number 1874432360 Thanks [/quote] hey, what do you know, imagine this, he thinks [quote]"There work is simply the standard from what I've been told."[/quote] well no shit, thats because you work their and probably designed or welded it, now wonder you took the comments about the material like you did, you are probably the one that made the ERROR of choosing inferior mild steel to start off. well dude, you are ownt. i have no problem with you showcasing your product on here, but 1) you must be on the up and up, no alt nicks (with low post count) praising the product and basically misrepresenting themself with a hidden agenda 2) no huge spews of misinformation must intentionally leave your mouth, such as mild steel being a better material for an exhaust manifold on a turbocharged car, then stainless, inconel or any other material available 3) if you want to overcharge for your mild steel manifold, and people pay it, good for you and the business, but true claims, not false ones -gte

·
Registered
10 Posts
turbo manifold

Gee..how conevenient that the 2 pics of the manifolds you showed me are 2 different styles. One has a setup like mine for an HKS wastegate 40mm, while the top one has a center looking stem for a Deltagate?!?!! Lets just be honest here. Just because we do things different then you does not mean we do not make some serious power. It seems that GTE is the knee deep in a discussion that was not really his to begin with. I can tell that if its not TBKO for GTE it's "sketchy"!! Did you notice that all the links you gave me where from the same website. I'm not trying to convince you to veer from anything, because at this point it seems like if anybody does things a little different they are bashed by GTE and his internet gang.

GTE- I PMed you already. SO if you want to talk on the phone and share your knowledge with me. I would love to hear from you. I assume you dont like Toyomoto's work either, because they use a cast, overpricecd manifold...Let me know

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Re: turbo manifold

i don't like toyomotos manifold as a best option, but it has been proven to get the job done very well, and its cast iron, which is much much more durable than any tubular manifold. it usually doesn't flow as much cfm for the highest of hp applications, but there is always a compromise

i assure you, i don't bust PLP's balls, or toyomotos just to give a few examples. if you follow the first 2 things i listed in the post above, the rest is subjective, if you don't, then i'm curious, i won't let anyone on the forum get done wrong if i can help, so i'm out to find a reasonable explantion or resolution.

the links coming from the same website were because i didn't want to put an hour into searching for 20 links that all say the same thing, when i know i am right. it goes back to my original analogy of the sun being yellow, i'll find 1 or 2 links, but if the person is still going to argue, i'm not going to find 20 links to prove what is known as the truth. there might not even be that many links, as it is such a wide known common industry standard, that stainless is superior in its heat transfer and tolerance?

i may not have started in this discussion, but if i have something to contribute, i'll be in the middle, thats just me, you other nic has been on here for a while, you should know that.

as for doing things different, i never claimed you couldn't make power with that manifold, i'm passionately aggrivated about the mild being better than stainless comment, and the feeling of the need to misrepresent ones self. just be straight, thats what gets respect.

i'll check my PM now

-gte

Boosted_is300 said:
Gee..how conevenient that the 2 pics of the manifolds you showed me are 2 different styles. One has a setup like mine for an HKS wastegate 40mm, while the top one has a center looking stem for a Deltagate?!?!! Lets just be honest here. Just because we do things different then you does not mean we do not make some serious power. It seems that GTE is the knee deep in a discussion that was not really his to begin with. I can tell that if its not TBKO for GTE it's "sketchy"!! Did you notice that all the links you gave me where from the same website. I'm not trying to convince you to veer from anything, because at this point it seems like if anybody does things a little different they are bashed by GTE and his internet gang.

GTE- I PMed you already. SO if you want to talk on the phone and share your knowledge with me. I would love to hear from you. I assume you dont like Toyomoto's work either, because they use a cast, overpricecd manifold...Let me know

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
18 Participants
fairuza11
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing