Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutley hate the way Lexus is marketing the IS300. The IS300 is a wonderful car but their marketing campaign sucks big time, with their cheezy commercials (except for the off road racing one and perhaps the tail light commercial) and cheezy magazine advertisements.

Like today, I just received my latest edition of Sports Illustrated (October 18th issue). It's a pretty cool issue cuz it comes with 3D glasses and has a bunch of 3D pictures of the Olympics. Then I hit the Lexus IS300 advertisement. It's also in 3D. It reads "Renounce you lemminghood". Has a picture of an IS300 surrounded by a bunch of gerbils or hamsters...all in 3D. It's got them psychedelic colors like them yellow "edgier" billboard adds. I understand what they're trying to get at in being different but c'mon...these advertisements suck bug time!!!!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by wazzup:
I absolutley hate the way Lexus is marketing the IS300. The IS300 is a wonderful car but their marketing campaign sucks big time, with their cheezy commercials (except for the off road racing one and perhaps the tail light commercial) and cheezy magazine advertisements.

Like today, I just received my latest edition of Sports Illustrated (October 18th issue). It's a pretty cool issue cuz it comes with 3D glasses and has a bunch of 3D pictures of the Olympics. Then I hit the Lexus IS300 advertisement. It's also in 3D. It reads "Renounce you lemminghood". Has a picture of an IS300 surrounded by a bunch of gerbils or hamsters...all in 3D. It's got them psychedelic colors like them yellow "edgier" billboard adds. I understand what they're trying to get at in being different but c'mon...these advertisements suck bug time!!!!
heh

"target market"

j/k...chill out martha

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The dealer IS300 brochure has the IS300 in a field of sheep...

Anyways - I like what they did with http://www.lexus.com/is/

Those "rejected advertisement" spots were quite funny.

I am still miffed that they picked the "bored" homebrew commercial for the "edit bay" contest over some of the more involved commercials (like mine!)

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Maybe they mean the IS300 is the "black sheep" of the Lexus flock?

Originally posted by TEG:
The dealer IS300 brochure has the IS300 in a field of sheep...

Anyways - I like what they did with http://www.lexus.com/is/

Those "rejected advertisement" spots were quite funny.

I am still miffed that they picked the "bored" homebrew commercial for the "edit bay" contest over some of the more involved commercials (like mine!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts