Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it hilarious that the person who's trying to sell his black IS300 with those horrendous chrome wheels keep reposting his page. I also think it's messed up that he will not sell the car to the last high bidder for the $31,100, as I last recall there were 4 bids on it and some person got it for that price. Didn't realize that he would repost the car again thinking he can get a better price for it. Anyone agree with me that it's messed up?? That's definitely some cruel stuff and he's paying for it, since NO ONE has bid on it since.

K

·
Registered
86 Posts
What's more messed up is that the guy LIED to everyone on this board, stating that it wasn't his car on EBAY. I don't know about you, but I would seriously wonder what other lies he's telling us about the car.

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Originally posted by IIIseries:
This wouldnt be the same IS on AutoTrader.com claiming $6k in upgrades?
which is exactly why i will NEVER buy a modded car used. You have no idea what the nimrod has done to the car. Obviously if someone's putting a bunch of crap into a car to boost performance, he's going to drive it hard to see if he got his money's worth.

I know that may not be the case for everyone, but when it comes to a used car, you have to assume the worst...IMO

------------------
MAD

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
it also bothers me when a person puts $8k, $9k, $10, etc. into a car and expects to get all of that back when he sells it later.

*buzzer* try again!

------------------
MAD

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Why did the loser repost the car for sale?? I saw it, too when he had four bidders with a $31.1K selling price... he should have taken it when he had the chance. I suspect the deal must have gone sour...

Hmmmm... it is kinda fishy.

Scott.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea that's damn fishy to me. I bet he did drive the hell out of the car and thinking he can get wayyy more for it back..first of all, it doesn't even look that nice. The rims are nasty looking (2 front ones missing caps) and with no pics on the engine mods, who would believe he has actually modded out the intake and the ecu. This guy needs to brighten up. I mean, no one is going to bid on his car, especially if he reposts over and over again on top with posting on other sites trying to find a fool that will buy his car. Shoot, just go to the Lexus dealership and you can get a brand new one for almost that much. Do everyone agree here? Just my 2c

K

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zoku,
I seriously doubt that the deal went fishy. I bet he was trying to get more out of it than people have bid on it. Because on EBAY, if the highest bidder doesn't pay up, then the next highest bidder gets to claim the car at the price he requested for, so I seriously doubt that with 4 people bidding for his car starting at $30,000, they would all back out of it, for why else would they bid on the ride originally? The owner of that car is just stupid. He'll probably gonna have to take a bigger loss when he trades it in to the dealerships cause no one will buy it.

K

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
str8upchillboi
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing