Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey my.is,
I'm in the market for an IS300, and the decision's come down to color... I know that color is personal preference and all, but I just want to get some quick opinions from some members. It's either a:
Solar Yellow 2001 IS300 or,
Black 2005 IS300 (about $4000 more though)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: coincidentally, both have ~ 65000 miles. Yellow = $12000, Black = $16000. Oh and another note, the Solar Yellow one somehow doesn't have a leather interior...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hey my.is,
I'm in the market for an IS300, and the decision's come down to color... I know that color is personal preference and all, but I just want to get some quick opinions from some members. It's either a:
Solar Yellow 2001 IS300 or,
Black 2005 IS300 (about $4000 more though)

Thanks in advance!
what are the milage for each of the cars...

majority of the my.is members have either Black Onyx or Graphite Grey Pearl. Solar Yellow was discontinued in 2002 I believe.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
YELLOW IS BARF THE WORST COLOR EVER!...its seriously makes the IS look like a neon its aweful....THe best colors msm, ggp, b.o (i hate the up keep on black paint), the blue, red and way down the line white.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
BO can be a pain if you don't have your own D-A/rotary buffer, but I love the way it shines like a mirror after a good detail. Has the 60K been done on both? How much more does the BO offer over the SY? BTW, both seem overpriced.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
I personally feel that yellow does not compliment the IS300 well. So, obviously the next color of choice is black and it's much newer = 2005.

GL on the purchase. :approve:

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Auburn Sky Pearl is my favorite!

Digger08

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
^^^ sorry buddy, the OP asked between Yellow or Black. ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
BO can be a pain if you don't have your own D-A/rotary buffer, but I love the way it shines like a mirror after a good detail. Has the 60K been done on both? How much more does the BO offer over the SY? BTW, both seem overpriced.
Are you referring to the timing belt? My 2005 says 90k in the manual is when the timing belt is due. Is it different for the older models?

·
Registered
6,193 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
don't get yellow...it makes the Lexus look cheap...go for a more mature color like MSM, or in this case, get black (just be prepared to take really good care of black)

also, you attract more attention with yellow, and if I were a cop, I'd pull over a modded yellow IS rather than a modded black IS any day of the week

·
Registered
73 Posts
i'm with a few of the others. although i have a black IS, there's too many of them. within a five mile radius of work, i've seen at least 2-3 others. you want to stand out.

go with the yellow, if you don't like the color, custom paint it. me? i'll be making some additions to the oem black.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
^^^ very well said. Although I wouldn't mind driving a yellow S2000 ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.