Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 21 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by Young:
The Z3 3.0 with auto is faster than the 330i with auto (they share the same engine, but the Z3 is lighter), which is somewhat faster than the IS300. So the Z3 should win relatively easily in just about any kind of race...drag, autox, or track.
I agree when ur referring to the drag strip. On road courses and autoX it's the driver and I doubt the Z3 can "easily win"

· Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by LexArkana:
Let me put an end to all of this right now. I own an IS and a 2001 Z3 3.0 (automatic). I also had a 2000 Z3. Without a doubt, the Z3 romps on the IS. No comparison. The IS is sporty and moves, but driving the 3.0, you actually feel like you have power. You feel the car rumble when you get on it.

No comparison whatsoever.

Click here for all pics: http://www.techlink-usa.com/bmw/
Romps on the IS....depends who's driving it......

· Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by LexArkana:
Obviously. But the person driving the Z would have to be a retard.

In the hands of a capable driver the Z will be fast. But at the same time the margin is too small to assume that the Z will romp over an IS. Don't forget , converible's frames are considerably less stiff equating to lesser handling characteristic. In short if both had equal drivers(is there such a thing?) It would be a close race.

1 - 3 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.