Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the third time, England's <B><I>What Car?</I></B> magazine (a sort of cars-only <I>Consumer Reports</I>) has joined forces with famed automotive marketing & survey firm <B>J.D. Power and Associates</B> to create the 2004 Customer Satisfaction Index. The Lexus IS200/300 was the highest-ranked executive car, and 2nd-ranked among all the cars sold in England (after the Honda Jazz/Fit, a smaller-than-Civic model not sold in North America).

Here are their comments on the IS:

"There is an enormous margin between the Lexus IS and its nearest competitor in this category, the BMW 5-series. Consequently, it thoroughly deserves its silver-medal spot in the overall standings. Why is the Lexus so far out in front? It starts with reliability. Owners report hardly a squeak or rattle from the cabin, let alone a fault serious enough to leave them stranded. Engine and transmission problems are almost unheard of. In the unlikely event of the Lexus needing an unscheduled trip to the dealer, repair bills are low and the service efficient. Insurance premiums are reasonable, too, although fuel bills could be easier on the bank balance. High scores for driver satisfaction and cabin comfort round off a complete performance."

To view the Lexus IS page of the article, and then link to more information on the survey itself, click <A HREF="http://www.whatcar.com/News_SpecialReport.asp?NA_ID=207800&EL_ID=3060984">here</A>.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
tony
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing