Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you owned the IS-F would you mod? Will there be upgrades ie intake, exhaust, headers, ecu tuning, pullys, sc/turbo? Can we bump the power to 450hp out of the motor with these mods?

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
At this point, the only "official" IS F mod is the outrageously expensive F Sport Carbon Ceramic brake kit.

Stay tuned, though. Rumo(u)r has it that the Five Axis IS F will reappear at the upcoming (mid-January) Detroit Auto Show with some engine mods.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'm sure there will be numerous companies making cat-back and axle-back exhausts, and intakes. I'd get these mods. I believe getting 30+ bhp with these two mods would be possible out of this V8, to get 450bhp.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I wouldn't be so optimistic on the intake and exhaust upgrades. The two-stage intake will likely be difficult to improve on, and in super hi-po cars from the factory, the exhausts are usually tuned pretty well and only little gains are left to be had. Through resonance they can cancel out a lot of the sound without a performance loss, so when an aftermarket kit comes out and sounds awesome, you've usually just paid lots of $$$ for a sound increase - which makes you think you are going faster but usually not.

I bet the only significant upgrade for the IS-F in the first year or two will come from some kind of programmer/tuning to unleash the conservative factory tune that Toyota put in there for longevity concerns.

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts