Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14706Are you ready to test drive the IS F for yourself?

Lexus are pleased to invite you to the Lexus Performance Experience at Moroso Motorsport Park in Palm Beach County, Florida on January 19, 2008. We’ve prepared an exclusive driving event you won’t forget.

Starting with some hands-on instruction on the fundamentals of safe, high-performance driving, you will then warm up with a few laps on the 2.25 mile road course in an IS350, GS450h or GS460, to familiarize yourself with the track.

You will then switch your attention to the amazing IS F, where you will experience the sheer power and superb handling capabilities of this high performance sedan. Starting as a passenger beside a professional driver, and then as the driver for a number of laps on the road course.

And finally, for those who dare, you will be able to experience a hot lap in the IS F with a race car driver at the wheel, to really appreciate this vehicle’s capabilities.

Space is limited. You will be required to confirm a time and select which Lexus model you would like to start with – the IS 350, GS 450h or GS460.

You must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid drivers licence to drive.

There will be EIGHT one-hour sessions that start at 8:00AM, 9:00AM, 10:00AM, 11:00AM, 12:00 Noon, 1:00PM, 2:00PM and 3:00PM.

You must pre-register by visiting www.ISFdrive.com

And, for those of you that can't participate because of the date or location, don't despair. <A HREF="http://clublexus.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3129734&postcount=22">A subscriber-only article in trade journal Automotive News excerpted by Club Lexus member Mr. Johnson</A> tells us that the driving tour will continue at five other racetracks around the country. In addition, 10 to 12 street driving locations will be used where a racetrack is not available. As soon as more information becomes available, we will post it here on the my.IS Front Page.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
More info locations.. ahh.

Hopefully CT,

·
2,909 Posts
8am it is.

Long time no see to all you guys, it'll be great to catch up with everyone.

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
732 Posts
I will see the crew and be rolling in the new ride.

Eric J.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Well, sadly, this most likely isn't coming to Hawaii! :( :(
Though I guess I could take a flight stateside...

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Most likely won't be coming to St. Louis...

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shouldn't it be "Lexus 'is' pleased"?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Flipside909 and I were talking about that a couple of nights ago. The explanation is a little unusual and convoluted, so bear with me.

Most of that article is really a "cut-and-paste" of the info sent to me and to Flipside909, my counterpart at Club Lexus. It was written by Lexus Marketing's IS F Launch Manager Justin Hood, who is Australian. Anyone like me, who regularly reads British automotive magazines and/or websites such as CAR, Autocar, EVO, Auto Express, Top Gear and the like may have picked up on the variations between British English (which Australia and most of the rest of the English-speaking world uses) and American English both in spelling (color/colour, honor/honour) and in car part terms (bonnet/hood, boot/trunk). Another more obscure variation is that, in American English, a company/corporation is viewed as a single entity (Lexus is...), while British English views it as a conglomeration of many people/parts/components (Lexus are...)

Flipside also noticed that it says "...a valid drivers licence..." Again, that's not a typo. Rather, the British et al spell it licence, while Americans spell it license.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
When I worked at Goodyear research we always used plurals when writing about Companies. This was especially true when we wrote technical papers for conference with our Japanese partners. I found it a little odd at first but got used to it as I figured it was a way of referring to a group of people rather than a single entity.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I think that is the Kart track, I hope we are using the full course. The Kart track is only about a mile long. The ad mentions the 2.25 road course, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it is not the Kart track.

See you boys there at 8:00am

In this pic you see the road course, and in the center middle of the pic is the Kart track, which is only 9/10ths of a mile. Dragstrip in in the center, where those black lines are.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mborner's picture is definitely of the shorter go-kart track, which I know quite well, having autocrossed on it on several occasions.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Oh crap!! LOL, I've never been there, it looked like the road course. Is this the track?

It doesn't look like much of a road course. How do you loop the track? Do they close down the drag strip and use it as a straight-away?

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
I'm guessing they aren't coming north because it's winter. Damn you snow! I want to drive it. The dyno drive at the Taste of Lexus night edition wasn't enough to satisfy me. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Yep, your picture is turn 2-6 or the Northern half of the track.

The drag strip is not part of the road course.

Here is my best MS Paint attempt. I was never good at "Operation". Your above pic is the right hand side of the track.

There are a couple of different configurations, but that is the main circuit. I imagine they may use the softer "kink" options on turn one and on the back stretch.

Here is a d/l map http://racemoroso.com/images/stories/road/Roadcourse_map.png

1 - 20 of 29 Posts