Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video clip of Tiff Needel of Fifth Gear testing the Lexus IS-F. He seems to like it a lot... except for the car's computer beeping at him telling him when he should or can't shift gears.

YouTube - Tiff Needell testing Lexus ISF

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Thanks Crester. Great Video!

Rep for the find. oops, got to spread the love before it will let me rep you again..oh well.

Digger08

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Here's a video clip of Tiff Needel of Fifth Gear testing the Lexus IS-F. He seems to like it a lot... except for the car's computer beeping at him telling him when he should or can't shift gears.
Which is kinda weird since I haven't seen this complaint previously?! Does the TRAC have to be disabled and PWR mode selected or something to prevent the computer from nagging?!!
Then again this is Tiff and he was probably bouncing the tach needle/ rev limiter off the charts once he found out the could trip the beeping,....heheheh.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't heard people complaining about the beeps before. I know the upshift ones don't actually do anything in regards to the gears... it's just an audible reminder that you are approaching the redline.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
There are 3 threads on this topic already, one here, one in garage and one in is-f forum.
haha reposts...
this is the Canadian forum no? how come an IS-F thread is here?

Shouldn't we be expecting there to be some Canadian content on this thing instead of Tiff (in UK) driving it?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Alright... let's go get an IS-F... review the car ourselves... and post a video on here. :)

tyks... the IS-F video is here because not everybody reads outside the Canadian Forum... and this such an "important" Lexus review. (first time the car is really reviewed on TV)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Oh if I got my hands on one I'll be sure to give up a good review Canadian style! lol...

anyways... I'd like to know who actually JUST reads the Canadian Sub-Forums... If they wanted to know about the IS-F they'd go to that part of the Forum.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gonna PM you about who reads where so this thread stays on topic...

Anyways... I'd really like to get my hands on this car to atleast try it out. But I have no idea how??? In the States they have all these test drive events... including track days... but none for us. :pissed:

This Fifth Gear video was short and sweet... I kinda wanna hear what they would say about the IS-F on Top Gear. They are always more entertaining... but I have a feeling they are going to bash the car's "body kit" and exhausts.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Cant wait to rip this thing.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
The Canadian forum is nice and civil. All kinds of a-holes in some of the general forums. Also, isn't Canada still a common wealth of Great Britain? We never rebelled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts