Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a lexus IS 300 with rolled back mileage. Since I got it, it has been ball joint issue,tyre pulling off esp passengers side,high fuel consumption, and now I changed my compressor with radiator and condenser,expansion valve was flushed,after my ac man did every, I started noticing a drop of water coming from under steering,then weeks later the ac starts blinking light. I drove to a new ac man and he said he would install thermostat,into the panel,and charged me almost 50$,including workmanship from rewire man too. Now I went to YouTube and saw many videos,some pointing to ac relay switch. If I turn on the ac,the compressor picks for like a few secs and then it locks. I was thinking maybe after buying the new compressor with radiator and Condenser that my problem has been solved. I am very ashamed and seems I have been scammed,cos I am fed up. He car is putting a big hole in a my pocket to maintain it. It drinks fuel like mad,if I buy 10litres,b4 5 or 8pm the fuel would enter reserve tank . Do i regret buying this Is 300 01 model. Yes . Pls someone should help me before my mechanic and rewire with ac man finish me. They want want drain my pocket. Pls what's the best solution cos I want to enjoy this lexus. Now my ball joint is almost out,I have sent my mechanic to but a used part which is on passengers side. Pls help me. Which part number is the ac relay.pls View attachment 139101

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got a lexus IS 300 with rolled back mileage. Since I got it, it has been ball joint issue,tyre pulling off esp passengers side,high fuel consumption, and now I changed my compressor with radiator and condenser,expansion valve was flushed,after my ac man did every, I started noticing a drop of water coming from under steering,then weeks later the ac starts blinking light. I drove to a new ac man and he said he would install thermostat,into the panel,and charged me almost 50$,including workmanship from rewire man too. Now I went to YouTube and saw many videos,some pointing to ac relay switch. If I turn on the ac,the compressor picks for like a few secs and then it locks. I was thinking maybe after buying the new compressor with radiator and Condenser that my problem has been solved. I am very ashamed and seems I have been scammed,cos I am fed up. He car is putting a big hole in a my pocket to maintain it. It drinks fuel like mad,if I buy 10litres,b4 5 or 8pm the fuel would enter reserve tank . Do i regret buying this Is 300 01 model. Yes . Pls someone should help me before my mechanic and rewire with ac man finish me. They want want drain my pocket. Pls what's the best solution cos I want to enjoy this lexus. Now my ball joint is almost out,I have sent my mechanic to but a used part which is on passengers side. Pls help me. Which part number is the ac relay.pls View attachment 139101
:cry: you gotta find a better mechanic it sounds like...

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't know what kind of inspection you did before buying the car but it seems like this car wasn't maintained very well if at all. As for being scammed, we don't know how much you paid for the car but this car sounds like a $1,500 dollar car. Either find a better mechanic or sell the car and put more money into a car that better maintained. Or learn to fix all the stuff yourself and save some money. The Is300 is not a fuel efficient car in the first place and it's expensive to fix anything that breaks. But if you maintain it properly, it will last a very very long time. And google is your friend...I believe the part number is - 90987-02028 Denso A/C Clutch Relay 4-Pin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,I did about 20mins inspection. The point is the cat started giving me ac issue after 3months,then ball joint issue after 5 months. Infact I am fed up,I think its one of the earth wire from the sensor attached to the compressor that's the issue. I'm thinking about going to Mercedes ml 350. I pray to repair it quick and sell off quick. No time for mechanic again,because they are all thieves. I wil go back to the ac man tmrw to find out why my ac suddenly don't pick,and if I found out he did a bad job despite collecting my hard earned money, then rain will fall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also I did relay swap with my horn, it's not the relay,it's from the compressor wires nd it's super tight down there. Time to dump lexus and JUMP straight to MercedesBenz either glk or ml. Lexus fumbled. Design flaws here and there. Lexus is going to be the last car I will ever use on earth . I believe German cars are bulletproof and benz is a sure one.

·
Registered
617 Posts
You are in a for a real treat if you think German cars are bulletproof. No car is ever perfect if not maintain properly. I owned many cars and driven many cars and I will always pick a toyota or lexus or even honda before I pick a German car for reliability sakes. You got a shitty car that wasn't maintained but don't lump that shitty car you got from the beginning with all Toyota or Lexus.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Usually Japanese cars are the most straightforward/reliable cars, however the is300 seems to be an exception a lot of times due to the demographic of people it attracts and their tendencies to neglect maintenance. I would either fix it up and keep it, or sell it 'as is' and grab another Toyota/Lexus or a Honda/Acura. If you go through the trouble of getting it fixed properly you might as well keep it, it'll be light years ahead of any Mercedes made in the past 20 years in terms of reliability. Good luck

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,927 Posts
I say fix what you can by yourself. What’s the worse you could do at this point. Unfortunately you have lots to deal with. Take them one by one and don’t stress.

Also I can’t speak for the people who have already spoke about german cars. When people say that, they usually have had a bad experience with a german car. I like German cars AND Japanese cars. Older german cars are indeed reliable like any other car if properly looked after. They don’t cost an arm and a leg to maintain either

·
Registered
2005 Lexus IS300
259 Posts
I say fix what you can by yourself. What’s the worse you could do at this point. Unfortunately you have lots to deal with. Take them one by one and don’t stress.

Also I can’t speak for the people who have already spoke about german cars. When people say that, they usually have had a bad experience with a german car. I like German cars AND Japanese cars. Older german cars are indeed reliable like any other car if properly looked after. They don’t cost an arm and a leg to maintain either
older german cars are the shit. german cars only became a pain in the mid 90s when they started becoming early adopters of new tech ideas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts