Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like the BMW 325i or the lexus IS 300 better. I can't decide. I am leaning towards a new IS 300. HELP!!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by JOSHDH:
Do you like the BMW 325i or the lexus IS 300 better. I can't decide. I am leaning towards a new IS 300. HELP!!!
NOT EVEN CLOSE

LEXUS DUDE!!!!

BTW, I see that you're New here.
Go take a Look at our IS300 Web Site......
It will help you decide!!

Here's the link to Our IS300 WebSite Denise’s IS300 Also Other Fun & Informative Stuff.

------------------
JUSTIN & DENISE C. OWNERS OF THE ONE-OF-A-KIND IS300

[This message has been edited by smra (edited November 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
well maybe it would be a tough choice if Lexus only made an IS250...

Eric..

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I wonder what the BMW forum pukes would say? Do you expect people who are on a IS300 forum to tell you to get a 325? That seems rather....well rather stupid.

Get what ever you want...have QuickVR6 sell you his Rabbit GTI so you can beat us down like dogs as you cruise in your German Engineered Masterpieceof$hit....

Agent Smith Out

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited November 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
91 Posts
When making my decision between the exact same cars, I came to this discussion group, as well as http:www.bimmer.org. I asked the same question, plus many others. When it came to bimmer.org, they all said to go with BMW, but could never say why. They were offended that I would even CONSIDER buying something other than a BMW. I felt like I was crashing a frat party. "Dude, just buy a BMW and be satisifed. All other cars suck." Well, that was BMW (and yes, I know that not EVERYONE on that DG is like that). When I got onto THIS discussion group, I was met with OBJECTIVE, INFORMATIVE, and INTELLIGENT answers to my questions. In fact, many respondents had a lot of great things to say about the BMW, as well as the Lexus...even Geoff, who will no doubt flame this thread with a CL-S comment (also a sweet ride).

PLEASE NOTE THAT I DID NOT BASE MY DECISION ON THESE DISCUSSION GROUPS. NOR SHOULD YOU. EVERYONE'S OPINION IS DIFFERENT, THANK GOD.

Ultimately, after assimilating a sh*tload of information, I got an is300. I haven't regretted it for a second. I was treated better by Lexus, spent less money, and got a faster, better handling, less common, more feature-rich car.

Good luck with your decision. It won't be an easy one, but whatever choice you make, you'll wind up in one heck of a ride.

Jesu Cristo people, I think I just motivated MYSELF to go out and get ANOTHER is300!

------------------
-jb-
'01 Black Onyx

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
may i note that 90% of 3 series owners(non-M) dont' know sh*t(i know young knows his stuff) and they'rej ust typical snobs wondering why their windows are breaking or whatnot.

·
8,107 Posts
clammy, would I be in the 90% or 10%?
OK, as a 325i owner (but not the one you're considering), I'd say buy the 325i if you're gonna get a 5 speed, Sport package, and only if you do Euro Delivery. Otherwise, the Lexus is as good a drive and a much better deal.

Originally posted by mrclam:
may i note that 90% of 3 series owners(non-M) dont' know sh*t(i know young knows his stuff) and they'rej ust typical snobs wondering why their windows are breaking or whatnot.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
the 90% i'm referring to are the ones who are like
"buy bmw, you can't go wrong"
or "i havea bmw so i'mb etter than you"
or the ones who just want to show off =) come on ckolsen you know your stuff :p hehe.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Josh,

Both are great cars, but can you illustrate your prerequisites? Are you looking for power? luxury? reliability? upgradability?

I think this will help us a bit.

Help me, help you.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by crontab:
Josh,

Both are great cars, but can you illustrate your prerequisites? Are you looking for power? luxury? reliability? upgradability?

I think this will help us a bit.

Help me, help you.

-crontab -l

Tab, You sound like a car salesman instead of the technogeek we know you really are

·
8,107 Posts
BMW offers European Delivery - order your exact car, then wait 3 months and go to Munich to pick it up, drive it around Europe as long as you want, drop it off, and it shows up at your dealer a month later. Price is 7% off sticker (all included, except plane fare), but you can negotiate another $1000-2000 off that discounted price. If you're bad at negotiating or lazy, try Eurobuyers.com. He quoted me about $4000 off US MSRP for both 325i and 330i. It's the only way to buy a new BMW, otherwise you get SHAFTED.

Originally posted by 92diamante:
wats a euro delivery??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here is what i dont understand..when IS300 is compared to 330i..some of u will say 330i win..and when 325i is compared to is300..325i lost..the 325i and 330i are the same except for another 40hp..but the 325i is not slow..0 to 60 in 7.1 sec(better or equal to IS300)so how could the 325i becomes instant loser when compared to IS300?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank everyone for you help so far. Agent Smith, I expected everyone to be for a lexus since it was a lexus forum. However, I wanted to know what lexus owners thought of their lexus after they had it for a while.

crontab,I am looking for a sylish, well performing, luxury car.

I think that I have made up my mind to go and buy a new IS 300.

Now if only I could decide on a color!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
325 is also good..I was in the same crossraod..3 weeks ago..but price them out and IS300 comes out a much better deal than 325...but likewise its your decision not mine...just my $0.02....

·
Registered
237 Posts
WEll, I just bought an IS300 so I'd say go with the IS300. I drove the 325i...kinda slow acceleration...no kick like the IS. Well, hope my two cents help.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just saw a 330 on the road the other day in a funky light brown color. Ewwww! Thought it looked kind of bulbous compared to the 328. As much as I like the road feel of BMW's (and I'm guessing that continues with the 330), the look, value, 4 doors, and handling of the IS fit my family's lifestyle not to mention financial situation. Plus, I got rid of my BMW (older 318) to buy the IS b/c too many things were going wrong with it.
Being stranded on the 405 at 11:30 in the evening or stuck 100 miles away from home on New Years Eve sucks. Yeah, reliabilty is a huge issue for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
20 Participants
chazzy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing