Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, it was a 2001 Lexus IS 200. No, not our beloved IS 300, it was the european spec Lexus, in fact I even go to sit in it. The first think I noticed is that it has that stretchy cloth, not the alcantara, it was a 5 speed manual, and had a tape player instead of a cd. On the outside the bumpers were shorter because of the 5 mile an hour reinforcement. The IS 300 looks better with the larger bumpers in my opinion all though it does leave us to do some customizing if we want the Japanes body kits to fit. It also had the Japanese headlights, and even CLEAR FOG LIGHTS!!! The brakes were also crossed drilled and had blue calipers (the car was the sbm blue). Now the engine really surprised me, it was much smaller and all the way on the driver side, there was alot of space on the left of the engine, the intake was different to as it ran up the middle of the engine. Well that's about it, except for why it was here in New York! It belongs to Craig Paisley and was given to him by Lexus, it is going to be tubbed and stripped down and fitted with a 1000hp Supra engine. I just want to also say thanks to Craig today for installing my springs on such short notice and thank everyone down there for a great job on the car!

·
Registered
209 Posts
His name sounds really familiar to me. I think he was one of those guys that won the car? I think from that commercial contest? Im not sure though.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually Craig Paisley is Toyotas and TRDs sposored Drag racer. He is racing a 1000hp Supra, and is now campaigning a Toyota Tundra, and soon this IS.

[ May 04, 2001: Message edited by: Accord-R ]

·
Registered
189 Posts
The Craig Paisley? I got his autograph at the Grand Prix and saw his Supra there too. He's opening a shop in LA also right?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by lexflex:
His name sounds really familiar to me. I think he was one of those guys that won the car? I think from that commercial contest? Im not sure though.
paisley races a back halved supra that has run 8s.

·
Registered
446 Posts
180$ thats not bad.. I just got my springs today. Was that with a alignment? Did you have to make a appointment? Any Headlight sensor probs? Sorry for all the question but I would rather get my springs done by a shop that has worked with the car before mine. Im 15 min from his shop, I heard he charges a arm and a leg so I didn't consider.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need to make an appointment, and Craigs prices are really good. He is a man of his word, and after dealing with almost every major shop in the tri-state area I can tell you that you will be really happy with his work and his prices. Remember what TRD (Toyota Racing Development) told me, "Having your car done by Craig Paisley is the next best thing to having it waranteed by Lexus".

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a 5 speed manual, although I don't know if it is the original tranny. The IS 200 was given to Craig to be made in to a Drag car, it might have some differences, but it's an IS 200, not an IS 300.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The european model is ALWAYS 6-speed manual and it does have BOTH CD and Tape player (and looks exactly the same as 2001 IS300)

Originally posted by Accord-R:
Yep, it was a 2001 Lexus IS 200. No, not our beloved IS 300, it was the european spec Lexus, in fact I even go to sit in it. The first think I noticed is that it has that stretchy cloth, not the alcantara, it was a 5 speed manual, and had a tape player instead of a cd.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Accord-R Im getting my shocks this week already got my H&R's How many days in advance do you have to schedule an appointment with Paisley's Shop?

Thanx.. Rich.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Originally posted by Accord-R:
It was a 5 speed manual, although I don't know if it is the original tranny. The IS 200 was given to Craig to be made in to a Drag car, it might have some differences, but it's an IS 200, not an IS 300.
oh ok.. but why would they give him a IS200 not IS300? Is our IS200 superior to your IS300?!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car had 12,000 miles on it. I think it was like a pre-production car that was used as a beater by Lexus

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's up? Nice to finally meet you! I would call Craig tommorow and see if he can schedule it, he happen to have time the next day I called and did it then, so you could luck out.

Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
Accord-R Im getting my shocks this week already got my H&R's How many days in advance do you have to schedule an appointment with Paisley's Shop?

Thanx.. Rich.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
oic...
hey how many kilometers is there in a mile ie.. what is 12000 miles..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
BigDaddyRich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing