Lexus IS Forum banner

Lexus expands age and mileage criteria for Certified Pre-Owned cars

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  howardtan 
#1 ·
14779As originally reported in a subscriber-only Automotive News story, Lexus is now allowing older and higher-mileage vehicles to qualify for their Certified Pre-Owned Program. Damon Lavrinc of Autoblog, however, offers <A HREF="http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/24/certified-pre-owned-lexus-standards-get-more-lenient/">an excellent summary of what exactly this entails.</A> Here's his article:

Certified pre-owned Lexus standards get more lenient
Certified used vehicles are a beacon for new customers considering a brand switch. Lexus has recognized this for a while, and the luxury marque is trying to keep supply up with demand. Due to an apparent influx in certified used vehicle sales, Lexus will be a bit more lenient on what vehicles make the factory-approved cut, but Lexus execs are insistent that the new policies won't degrade the quality of vehicles available.

Rather than cutting back on Lexus' multi-point inspection, the automaker will increase the allowable mileage for a certified vehicle from 60,000 to 70,000 miles, while extending eligible vehicles to seven-year old models, up from the current standard of six years.

Matt Kaleba, the manager of Lexus' certified used-vehicle program, expects sales of the pre-owned vehicles to increase by about seven-percent, and, more importantly, get buyers back to dealers when they want to upgrade to a brand-new model.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is this what it takes to get a SportCross on the main page? ;)

I wonder where they got a photo of a SportCross with SportDesign wheels?

They never came as a factory option, I don't think.

#5 ·
#7 ·
I think they should extend it to 90,000 miles standard because many teenagers and younger adults, who are still in school, would most likely buy it more, because mainly people who would buy these luxury cars, I am assuming, are people out of college and already being paid in salary, meaning buying the car with more ease. Plus, they would have more options rather than buying a used car such as buying a new car versus a teenager or young adult, still in school, most likely only has 2 choices, hand-me-down car or low price used car. I'm not a businessman, but it's worth a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.