Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Exedy OEM clutch is literally the same clutch that you have in your car. Exedy is the supplier for Lexus when it comes to clutches, and this is the perfect replacement when yours is out. It is said that these clutches are about 8-10% stronger than the original factory one, as Exedy does save some bucks when you get yours brand new. You can literally bring this clutch to the dealer in the box and it will be the same thing as they have in stock. Hell, you can even tell them you bought it at another dealer.

Full Clutch Kit Includes:

Clutch Disc
Pressure Plate
Pilot Tool
Throwout Bearing
Lube included

We have over 55 of these on the shelf and pride ourselves in carrying OEM with our great relationship with Exedy. This clutch is around $600-700 at the dealer!!!

Lexus IS300 Exedy OEM Clutch $263.70 shipped
Order online:Exedy OEM - Replacement Clutch Kit - THMotorsports - In stock performance superstore

How to order if you cant order online?: Call us at the number below

Call 1-800-959-0145 toll free and mention the sale
**Master Card, Visa, Discover, AMEX** OR PM US!!!!!!!
EMAIL: [email protected]
WE ALSO USE AIM: THMotorsportscom

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Out of curiousity, do you mean the Exedy OEM could hold 8-10% more power than stock? I'm almost in need of a new clutch and was thinking of the RPS sport series w/ street clutch. I just need something that can last and can hold 10% more power than stock, the stock clutch wasn't too bad. It could hold 350 rwhp fairly reliably.

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Out of curiousity, do you mean the Exedy OEM could hold 8-10% more power than stock? I'm almost in need of a new clutch and was thinking of the RPS sport series w/ street clutch. I just need something that can last and can hold 10% more power than stock, the stock clutch wasn't too bad. It could hold 350 rwhp fairly reliably.
The OEM clutches that come in the car are made by Exedy Japan and for production purposes are made a wee bit weaker than the ones that we sell or the dealership sells. The ones made here are manufactured by one of exedy's partners Daiken so you get a little bit stronger of a clutch.

Eddie

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
is the one you are selling sprung because thats what is pictured? cuz the OEM clutch is unsprung.

·
Registered
2 Posts
actually exedy does not make the oem clutch for lex/toy it is made by aisan or someone like that! I would know i have a brand new one in my front seat right now! subaru uses exedy for there oem!

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually exedy does not make the oem clutch for lex/toy it is made by aisan or someone like that! I would know i have a brand new one in my front seat right now! subaru uses exedy for there oem!
Toyota is contracted with Exedy as well as a few other clutch companies. This is like LUK, which is an OEM manufacterer for many Domestic brands, but also does a few Japanese. Honda is Exedy as well, Mitsu - exedy etc. Dearlerships do not have a choice of what they recieve as long as the manufacter (Toyota in this case) feels that its up to OEM standard of their lineup (which are all OEM standard).

I hope that further explains the differences between the clutch you have and this one.

Eddie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts