Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
tomskilv said:
Have seen this ad on TV. Anyone know the details? Special financing? Cash Back? Thanks. Tom
Nothing to get excited about...just advertising to get you into the dealership. However, the best month to buy a car is December at any dealership. The best day to buy a car is Dec 31st. This is fact.

·
Registered
127 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:
Joker said:
The best day to buy a car is Dec 31st. This is fact.
whys that?
Because all dealers are trying to hit end of month AND (more importantly) end of year quotas and bonuses. I work for a dealer in Houston (not Lexus) and the last week of the year is the busiest week EVERY year. All the 2003's are supposed to be off the lot by Jan. 1st and you can normally get 2004's for just as good of a price.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
that only works if the companies fiscal calendar coincides with the normal calendar... for isntance, our fourth quarter ends Oct. 31, not Dec. 31st

·
Registered
127 Posts
HoustonLex said:
that only works if the companies fiscal calendar coincides with the normal calendar... for isntance, our fourth quarter ends Oct. 31, not Dec. 31st
Who do you work for????

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Joker said:
GraphiteSportDesign said:
Joker said:
The best day to buy a car is Dec 31st. This is fact.
whys that?
Because all dealers are trying to hit end of month AND (more importantly) end of year quotas and bonuses. I work for a dealer in Houston (not Lexus) and the last week of the year is the busiest week EVERY year. All the 2003's are supposed to be off the lot by Jan. 1st and you can normally get 2004's for just as good of a price.
what dealer are you?

·
Mod er 8 er
604 Posts
Actually, I wouldn't wait until the last minute because you will not have as much to choose from. The best time to get a Lexus is the 1st or 2nd week in December while they have lots of cars. Wait 'till the end and you'll have to settle for a leftover.
Happy shopping :D

·
Mod er 8 er
604 Posts
Can't go...that's my competition :lol: Will have to see the pics on is300.net
Have fun

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i just heard the ad on the radio..they mention ever car lexus makes except the IS..why dont they mention the IS?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Ahh yes another December to remember. i wonder what ghey teenager will be getting a silver IS300 in their ad campaign this winter :lol:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
So what if you went at 7 PM, or whenever they close? 5 minutes before closing. Since they HAVE to sell every 2003 before Jan 1, would they sell you any car you want for $1,200 because they HAVE to get rid of them? :lol:

"What did you get for Christmas?"

"I got a sweet ass digital camera."

"Yeah? I got a GS430 for $1,200."

·
Registered
127 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
So what if you went at 7 PM, or whenever they close? 5 minutes before closing. Since they HAVE to sell every 2003 before Jan 1, would they sell you any car you want for $1,200 because they HAVE to get rid of them? :lol:

"What did you get for Christmas?"

"I got a sweet ass digital camera."

"Yeah? I got a GS430 for $1,200."
Yeah, exactly. You paid more than $1200 for you car??? What a dumbass!!! :boring:

That's what wholesalers are for.

·
11,054 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Ahh yes another December to remember. i wonder what ghey teenager will be getting a silver IS300 in their ad campaign this winter :lol:

The one with the summer tires on it...parked in the snowy driveway? :lol:

·
Registered
935 Posts
tomskilv said:
Have seen this ad on TV. Anyone know the details? Special financing? Cash Back? Thanks. Tom
Go to Edmunds.com and look up the various automaker incentives listed there. Lexus is very discrete in their ads and don't blast you with cash back or low interest rates, you have to do a little digging.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You guys should be able to get a good deal anytime till the end of the year. Heck you still could had gotten a great deal the past couple of months on the IS. I have seen local newspapers almost every week advertising special incentives on the IS, like 1.49% financing for 60 months. My friend purchase a IS a few months back for $1000 under invoice + tax, reg, etc., Some on this board even claim to have gotten their IS up to $2000 below invoice.

You guys can go buy now, the IS is not selling good as evident if you drive by your local Lexus dealer. Each dealership around my area has like 10 Is300 sitting on the lot going no where. (*of course they are going to be unloaded by the dealer before the year ends*) YTD, even the TSX has outsold the IS and it's been out only a few months.

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
...should i get another toy to play w/ during the long azz winter break ?! :crazy: ... something w/ da v8 perhaps? :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.