Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I went to lexus to get my winter wheels rebalanced because the stick-on weights on my 16" miglia spiders were rubbing the front calipers a little. So after 3 hours they finally got them done and said they took so long because of how far they had to put the weights inside the wheel. Fine...I can understand that. BUT, the service guy says "now I have some bad news..." uh oh, that dont sound so good. " Your car kinda kicked off the lift, and well...." Then I looked on the passenger side and saw a HUGE DENT on the bottom skirting area under the doors. Ouch. Needless to say the guy apologized 1000 times and gave me a loaner ES and it is being fixed as we speak. So now im late for work and sure enough, to top it all off, I get a speeding ticket. Ugh..can it get any worse??? Do you think anything got damaged underneath?? It seemed to have just caught the skirting thing but I am not sure..Should I look for some reimbursement from lexus??? Like, say, a second IS to play with on the weekends???(yea right
)

[This message has been edited by nutinbut (edited December 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
291 Posts
Please call Lexus Customer Satisfaction immediately - you need to lodge your complaint. They'll see to it they get back to you on this...

1-800-255-3987

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Jebzter:
Please call Lexus Customer Satisfaction immediately - you need to lodge your complaint. They'll see to it they get back to you on this...

1-800-255-3987

Thanx jeb...what do you think they will do?
Anything more than lexus service is doing right now?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Try and get more - i.e. Free services, a discount on an aftermarket lexus item for the IS, etc.

Mention to them that you have plans for entering your car into car shows, etc...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Man, that totally sucks big time bt I hope everything works out for you in the long run. I'm sure they'll be able to offer some form of compensation... at least bring it to their customer relations area a.s.a.p.

Good luck...

Scott.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That sucks that this happened...if you want, you should get a body shop to confirm that nothing was bent/broken/damaged.

HOWEVER...What more can Lexus do for you? They are giving you a free loaner car while they fix it, and I would imagine that they would give you a discount or free service or parts in the future, but I wouldn't expect them to give you cash or anything like that...

See if you can get some service coupons or discount on aftermarket parts...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by toyotatech:
That sucks that this happened...if you want, you should get a body shop to confirm that nothing was bent/broken/damaged.

HOWEVER...What more can Lexus do for you? They are giving you a free loaner car while they fix it, and I would imagine that they would give you a discount or free service or parts in the future, but I wouldn't expect them to give you cash or anything like that...

See if you can get some service coupons or discount on aftermarket parts...
Discount on the supercharger if it comes out next year...mmmmm that would be sweet!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
All of these posts are good suggestions. I say get as much as you possibly can from them. If you're young and a first time Lexus buyer, I would continue to point out the fact that you had planned on being a lifetime Lexus owner and this is unacceptable. Be persistent and let them know you're extremely p-ssed. You know what they say, "the squeaky wheel, gets the oil".

------------------

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 4yoazz:
All of these posts are good suggestions. I say get as much as you possibly can from them. If you're young and a first time Lexus buyer, I would continue to point out the fact that you had planned on being a lifetime Lexus owner and this is unacceptable. Be persistent and let them know you're extremely p-ssed. You know what they say, "the squeaky wheel, gets the oil".

Thanxx azzzz.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got my car back today and thank god it looks totally perfect again. I would not have accepted anything less. I was also told that I am going to be compensated for how cooperative I was on the whole thing and they are going to "take care of me" for my future services starting with the 10,000 mile lube/checkup. Overall, I am very satisfied with how they took care of this little "mishap".

·
Registered
88 Posts
That totally sucks on ice that they dented your IS300. I hope those dorks that dented your car give you some kind of discount on a Lexus car or aftermarket parts. I hope it works out for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
nutinbut
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing