Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LEXUS SUPERIOR TO ALL, TOYOTA SUPERIOR TO MOST, EXCEPT PORSCHE AND INFINITI (NISSAN)

this about tells it all for you CL owners/lovers. this also tells why lexus can compete in a BMW dominated market. read em and weap. be sure to take special notice of the pathetic 8th place finisher.

http://www.jdpower.com/global/jdpaawards/releases/110200.html

[This message has been edited by IS300GTE (edited November 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll copy my post that you didn't reply to in "honda/acura not good cars......"

sure numb nut, do you want to race my 350hp talon, or my 600hp supra?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
i'll copy my post that you didn't reply to in "honda/acura not good cars......"

sure numb nut, do you want to race my 350hp talon, or my 600hp supra?
You two are "trouble makers" aren't you?

Eric...

·
8,107 Posts
That's pretty interesting - while the top 10 is probably as I'd expect, the bottom 20 is interesting, notice that Saab, Suzuki, Volvo and VW finished dead last in that order (VW last). Also interesting that Consumer Reports rates Subarus VERY high, while JDP rates them pretty low. I'd trust JDP though, cause Consumer Reports is based on their subscribers, who may not be representative.

LEXUS SUPERIOR TO ALL, TOYOTA SUPERIOR TO MOST, EXCEPT PORSCHE AND INFINITI (NISSAN)

this about tells it all for you CL owners/lovers. this also tells why lexus can compete in a BMW dominated market. read em and weap. be sure to take special notice of the pathetic 8th place finisher.

http://www.jdpower.com/global/jdpaawards/releases/110200.html

[This message has been edited by IS300GTE (edited November 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ckolsen - Yes, i thought it was pretty interesting also, and i do trust their opinions over all others, they seem the least likely to be biased.

EricK - yes, speaking for me atleast, that's why i chose that title, i was just being honest. :)

Geoff - THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT! (a typical honda owner, with a mouth as loud as his weedwacker tip, but when it finally comes down to buisness, he's no where to be found)

·
Registered
258 Posts
What I really don't get is people complain about the trolls.......and then they purposefully give them the fuel they need to troll? I really don't understand

As far as Acura vs. Lexus, I've never been overly impressed by anything from Acura. They're great and quality vehicles, but they dont have that softness of materials and heft that speaks quality to me. They have some good values though, and the CL-S is definately one of them.

Geoff, Sure I'll race, I dont have an IS300 but I'll race. My car only has a totally different engine and drive system and cost twice as much, but hey according to some people that'd be a fair fight

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by Stephen:
What I really don't get is people complain about the trolls.......and then they purposefully give them the fuel they need to troll? I really don't understand

As far as Acura vs. Lexus, I've never been overly impressed by anything from Acura. They're great and quality vehicles, but they dont have that softness of materials and heft that speaks quality to me. They have some good values though, and the CL-S is definately one of them.

Geoff, Sure I'll race, I dont have an IS300 but I'll race. My car only has a totally different engine and drive system and cost twice as much, but hey according to some people that'd be a fair fight

maybe if we raced my porsche 951 against your explorer it would be a "fair race" according to some around here...

j/k

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just love peoples definition of fair.....
How 'bout you take your modded car, and Ill take my straight out of the box 900 CBR. That should be fair

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by Stephen:

Stephen, who were you referring to.....?

Eric....

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Eric, I mean the anti Acura edge people take. This post would have been just fine if not for the "this about tells it all for you CL owners/lovers." Thats uncalled for. If people on this site are going to complain about trolls, they need to stop baiting them.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did anyone notice that IS300GTE refers to the "CL owners/lovers" and then in the same paragraph says "8th place finisher"? Well, sure Honda is in 8th place but for those who can read, Acura is in 5th place. Let's not embellish the results by talking about the CL and then talking about the "8th place finisher". Last time I checked the CL was made by Acura. Just as the IS 300 is made by Lexus. There is a reason why Lexus, Toyota, Acura and Honda are all listed separately.

And don't start bashing me because I don't own an IS 300 or a CL so I think I'm qualified to give an unbiased point of view.

[This message has been edited by TakeFlight (edited November 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hmm.. Acura looks like it's in 5th place to me. Help, I can't read!!

All this saids is that Lexus/Toyota is more reliable overall than Acura/Honda (and BMW). I don't think anyone can dispute that.

--k

[This message has been edited by chiem (edited November 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
i dont think you guys are giving it out fair. look at acura, they've gone a far way...there's no way infinity's market can compete with acura. as for lexus, yes they can compete with BMW. 10yrs ago when they introduced the LS400 everyone laughed..thought it was going to be a joke..but it came out to be the best selling luxury sedan. and aso for toyota...i dont think honda fears them here in the state...honda's sale is going great. why do you people keep trying to imply that toyota/lexus is superior and stuff? i mean i drive an IS300 also, but who cares..you drive wat u like, let it be. wat point are we trying to prove when doing this? we're better? its all a matter of opinion..mine is no better than anyone else's.

·
Registered
239 Posts
you know............. i thought u guys were cool but.. and i guess some of you are.. but IS300GTE.. WHAT ARE YOU MAD AT????? Are you mad that the CL Type-S can BURN THE F*CKIN PAINT OFF YOUR IS300? OR ARE YOU MAD AT THE FACT THAT THE "LOWLY" ACURAS and HONDAS SUCH AS PRELUDE AND GS-R CAN TAKE OUT UR CAR????? hahahahahha THAT IS SURELY PATHETIC. seriously, i know the IS300 is a SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW as F*CK car but i dont say SH*T about it. SO WHY DON'T U TAKE UR IS300 and go LOSE to some FRONT WHEEL DRIVE HONDAS HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH LOSER. then what u gonna say? "At least my car is luxurious" HAAAAAAAAAA what's so luxurious about those NON-FULL LEATHER SEATS? and that TACKY RICE BOY STYLE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER AND DASH. haha you guys are funny people. criticizing people who rice up their cars, yet you buy a car that STOCK LOOKS LIKE A RICE BOY MOBILE. hahaha you guys crack me up. i'm with geoff, he's right, lots of you are too biased to admit that your car's are in fact NOT THE SH*T. hey did you guys see those type-s leather seats? they are nice. much better than the ricey IS300.

how's that for biased?
and don't gimme some bull.
this is my opinion and i have a right to it
my opinion is that you guys are moron's who don't want to feel stupid about wasting all that money on the IS300, and all you guys USED to talk about was PERFORMANCE. haha WHAT PERFORMANCE!?!?!?!??!?! it has nothing to show for its 3.0L i6. it sux. admit it guys, the only time the car is nice is when it's standing still.
oh, and claim that you love driving it and it's so much fun. ha i test drove it, it's not any more fun than a civic si. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by chiem:
Hmm.. Acura looks like it's in 5th place to me. Help, I can't read!!
Well, I've since corrected my previous message. I did read correctly, just happen to hit "4" instead of "5" when typing.

It's actually pretty funny to argue over this stuff anyway. If a car maker is near the top of the list than they are pretty good. It's not like 1st place is WAY better than 5th place. With that said, you know there is a funny thing with lists like this that make them somewhat inaccurate. If you buy an expensive car like a Lexus you are less likely to "fess up" when asked about the reliability of your car. Whereas, if you have a car like a Dodge (which BTW, I own a Dodge Intrepid) then you might be more likely to "tell all" because people don't expect a Dodge to have the reliability of the best cars on the market. The person with the 30K+ car doesn't want to look like an idiot for buying a car that is expensive and prone to problems so if he/she has problems they are likely not going to admit to it. With that said, this really makes BMW owners look silly when BMW is only one above Oldsmobile. Not that there is anything wrong with an Oldsmobile but they don't exactly have the same audience of car buyers now do they?

·
Registered
239 Posts
No, TakeFlight....
the only people who don't FESS UP, are the one's that drive IS300's and get beat by GSR's preludes, cl type-s, AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAYYYYYYY LONG. hahahhahaha suckers.
FESS UP! YOU SUCK!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
41 Replies
14 Participants
EricK
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing