Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of the end of November, Lexus has an extremely narrow 206 vehicle sales lead, with BMW breathing down its neck.

Lexus has been the #1 Luxury brand in the United States since 2000, when it beat out Mercedes-Benz by just 423 sales.

So...people who haven't purchased their Lexus yet....have another bartering tool. Get crackin!

-Matt

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe for Lexus. BMW is having a record sales year. Which says a lot since they had a record sales year last year.

Currently the only incentive BMW has for its 2002 vehicle lineup is their 1.9% financing rate, which expires 12-31-02, and excludes all roadsters.

-Matt

·
Registered
369 Posts
Maybe for Lexus. BMW is having a record sales year. Which says a lot since they had a record sales year last year.

Currently the only incentive BMW has for its 2002 vehicle lineup is their 1.9% financing rate, which expires 12-31-02, and excludes all roadsters.

-Matt
1.9%????? I don't think so. :shame:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Lexus is having a record sales year as well, aren't they?
I know they had a record month earlier this year.

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Based on a portfolio of vehicles, I think BMW is more successfull. They have fewer cars, or at least fewer platforms, but they're still doing great. It amazes me how many people out there spend money on $80+K bimmers and benzes. Every wealthy town you go to, you see a few of em. I hope Lexus' rumored mid-cylce redesign of the LS430 (possibly graduating it to an LS500) will yield a better, more aesthetically sculpted car. The car is masterfully engineered, and with minor tweaking, could well keep up with the S55, 745, and the upcoming XJ8 and A8. They just need to lay more emphasis on performance and styling. Quality, already, is top notch. My dad's LS430 has about 13K miles on it, with zero defects. It's the most reliable and trouble free car in its class.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hey Aubie...kiss my mother fuckin' ass!! Don't try actin' like a badass in here... didn't you want a BMW before you got your piece?? :lol: Yep..that's what I thought!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Heartbreaker said:
Nice grocery getter! Hey can you pick up a few things for me while your there...*thanks* :lol:
Dont be jeoulous, you know you want one. Grocer getter just cause it is 4 doors..hell our cars are the same length..so is yours a grocery getter :lol:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
17 Participants
BostonRed
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing