Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not an SUV, but a wagon. To compete with the Audi A4, BMW 325, and the upcoming Benz C320 wagons... I would have prefered an IS300 coupe or convertible, but not a wagon...

dr1ft3r

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
sounds like it will be out in march, sweet. i might have to go to that auto show.

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"
"http://www.shitonhonda.com"-Funny Site!

·
Registered
509 Posts
"The 2002 IS 300 SportCross has the same sporty performance as the sedan, and features an exciting design with a fifth door for increased versatility and utility"

whats that mean??
a wagon??
IS300 wagon?????????????????????

oh my..... why not 2 door convertable!!

i think the wagon depreciates the value of IS3 sedan or coupe ( if there is gonna be one)
man....... IS3 wagon would look ugly i'd imagine..

------------------
01' Spectra Blue Mica
Fully loaded IS 300

·
8,107 Posts
WHere do you read March? Doesn't say that in the article, is that just a guess? Just cause it's in the autoshow doesn't mean it's coming out in March.

Originally posted by IS300GTE:
sounds like it will be out in march, sweet. i might have to go to that auto show.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
it said something about the other car that will be debuted there also being released in march (2002 sc430) so i figured if that car was going to be sold in march, why wouldn't they start selling the 2002 IS 5 speed in march along with it. just an assumption based on the other stuff in the article.

Originally posted by ckolsen:
WHere do you read March? Doesn't say that in the article, is that just a guess? Just cause it's in the autoshow doesn't mean it's coming out in March.

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"

·
8,107 Posts
I think if it sells in March, it'll have to be a 2001 5 speed manual, not 2002, cause March is too early to bring out the 2002. Only new models (SC430) are brought out that early, model updates are in the fall. If anyone hears otherwise, please post it!

Originally posted by IS300GTE:
it said something about the other car that will be debuted there also being released in march (2002 sc430) so i figured if that car was going to be sold in march, why wouldn't they start selling the 2002 IS 5 speed in march along with it. just an assumption based on the other stuff in the article.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
not necessarily, they are also debuting the wagon, that is a new model, and they might make the 5 speed only available in a 2 door, which would make it a new model also.

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"

·
Registered
685 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by IS300GTE
"...and they might make the 5 speed only available in a 2 door, which would make it a new model also."
---------------------------------------------
So is the 2 door coming out?
If there will be 2 door IS, then I'll definately wait til then.

------------------
K.P.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
just speculation dude, i will let you know after february, as i plan to attend that show in detroit.

Originally posted by Rookie84:
quote:
Originally posted by IS300GTE
"...and they might make the 5 speed only available in a 2 door, which would make it a new model also."

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi all,

About the pictures on the IS300 wagon:

That image is a "fake", someone did it on their computer. It may not represent how the actual wagon will look like, it just gives us a clue.

I belive that the wagon will be similar to the BMW 3 series wagon. The reason, the IS range is very much a Japaneese version of the old BMW 3 series cars.

No matter what it will look like, I really like the IS wagon thing. I think it's a naturall modell that should have been out earlier. I'm actually considering to get one. I like the thought of having a turbo wagon that out guns a lot of cars at the redlights, with my dog in the trunk...

------------------
Best of Regards,
Karl Westman
[email protected]
Lexus IS200 TTE
http://se.photos.yahoo.com/is200tte

·
8,107 Posts
I think the wagon is meant for the European market, where buyers have a better appreciation for wagons, here in the US we're obsessed with what the back end looks like, so hatchbacks and wagons are scorned, while ugly SUVs rule. Go figure.
Your dog will have fun licking the imitation suede.

Originally posted by Karl:
Hi all,

About the pictures on the IS300 wagon:

That image is a "fake", someone did it on their computer. It may not represent how the actual wagon will look like, it just gives us a clue.

I belive that the wagon will be similar to the BMW 3 series wagon. The reason, the IS range is very much a Japaneese version of the old BMW 3 series cars.

No matter what it will look like, I really like the IS wagon thing. I think it's a naturall modell that should have been out earlier. I'm actually considering to get one. I like the thought of having a turbo wagon that out guns a lot of cars at the redlights, with my dog in the trunk...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by ckolsen:
I think if it sells in March, it'll have to be a 2001 5 speed manual, not 2002, cause March is too early to bring out the 2002. Only new models (SC430) are brought out that early, model updates are in the fall. If anyone hears otherwise, please post it!
Car manufacturers sell a model year 2002 car anytime after Jan 1, 2001 and must stop selling them Dec 31, 2002. Normal intro of new cars used to be fall, but that practice is followed very closely anymore.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
11 Participants
Jeff Taylor
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing