Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, me and eric(elusivemedia.com) have been pondering the idea to take a road trip, and produce a documentary. starting in ny city or nj, and take it to miami, or chicago, or l.a. or whereever. document the whole entire thing. the hotels, the driving, the racing, the after hours, the drunkenness, the entire NE/Lexotic Concepts lifestyle. we can turn it into a full length dvd. itinerary would need months of palnning to include stop-offs at several race tracks, drift events, is300 meets, and what not. looking to get the whole thing going in late spring/early summer 2006. sort of like a traveling lexfest if you will. meet with other is300 owners across the country(meets would eb setup with cooperation from LC members in midwest and south). attend several meets over a 7-10 day period. any longer would be too expensive, and too long. this is open to everyone. prefer Lexus owners, but im sure we could make it more interesting to have all different cars and makes. we could also make small wages and do a sort of "race" from destination to destination. please post all comments and conerns and thoughts about this. we are all young and crazy enough to make it happen.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigDaddyRich said:
We should be sober at meets we could do things

thsi would be daytime soberiety, and night-time nonsense, liek usual!

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
sounds like a great Spring 2006 activity....sorta NY to Miami sounds like a plan..:approve:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
let me know if this is gonna happen i need to block off vacation time to go with production schedules for work...

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and of course, in my "old" age, i will be organizing the entire thing. ill coordinate hotels, food, meets along the way, possible nopi/nhra meets, etc, etc along the way. spread the word, as this will be open to all. tshirts will be made, and sold at the departure.

everyone please start throwing out dates and what not, see what everyone thinks.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BigDaddyRich said:
instead of stupid shot of cars on the highway maybe you should start interviews random IS300 owners.

that will all be part of the dvd. eric will film(and others), and take pictures for the entire trip. interviews, discussions, evertyhing will be edited into a full length dvd that will be available after the trip

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
this is a great idea in theory, but it will never happen. everyone cant just magically take time off from jobs. Second most people cant take vacation and hang out with car club guys. their families would flip!

BEST BET.... start interviewing random people on camera .... create a nice list of questions.... and do kinda like a Jay-Walking thing at meets :)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
We will need 2-3 video cameras at least to get different shots/views.. anyone with a decent vid camera that has a firewire connection.. contact me.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
BEST BET.... start interviewing random people on camera .... create a nice list of questions.... and do kinda like a Jay-Walking thing at meets :)
Mike, can your girl inteview for us.. ;)

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BigDaddyRich said:
this is a great idea in theory, but it will never happen. everyone cant just magically take time off from jobs. Second most people cant take vacation and hang out with car club guys. their families would flip!

even if we only get 10-15 cars, so be it. it will coem out well. all we need is a few different personalities. i figure we can cover about 500 miles per day. so if we went to miami, thats 2-2.5 days driving there, and same back. that leaves us 2 days at destination. i guarantee it will happen. even if its me and just 1 other person, im down to do it. we cant schedule aorund everyone, but most ne guys are college age, and will be out of school by then, and most guys are not yet married, so we can work around that.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I'm thinking...

- Featured Car(s)
- Featured Model
- Featured Event(s)/Meet(s)
- Featured Races
- Misc.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Romyo247 said:
sounds expensive...lets drive to MIA
i agree, its not going to be a $100 trip. start saving, thats all i can say.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
ElusiveIS said:
I'm thinking...

- Featured Car(s)
- Featured Model
- Featured Event(s)/Meet(s)
- Featured Races
- Misc.

-guys talking sh*t to each other
-pranks?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
One thing that we can do next year is maybe a "TURBO Shoot-out", get ALL the boosted IS together and do a nice cruise.. little friendly street race.. driver/car profile.. etc. :)

*Thanks to Willie for this idea.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts