Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently after research, my silver 2002 "Lexi" has been around on these forums for 10 years or more, and has been owned by at least 3 other forum members (Thepropilot, Jmooney, and myself). In 10 years she has clocked 42k NA-T miles and currently has 153k. Throughout her life she has suffered the indignity and un-tunablity of the AEM FIC.

Things are about to change for her though. Link G4 Extreme and a professional Dyno Tune are coming this spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting excited...with all the info I've put together on the car, if true, is actually kinda sad. This poor 18 year old girl has been passed around more than a left handed cigarette at a Willie Nelson Concert. I'd have to check the Carfax, but I'm owner 7 or 8....5 of them in the past 3 years. She has suffered the same mental issues her while life (AEM FIC), and while owners spent good time and money on her... Built low compression GE with GTE internals, Level 10 a650e w/stall, ABS/Battery relocate...they never upgraded the fuel system or sprung for a real engine management solution/standalone. They would just drive it a few thousand miles getting SHIT mpgs, randomly dieing at stop lights, and making choo-choo noises...then find out it would be another 3k to get it done right and sell it.
I'm going for the sleeper vibe, no wild wings or foolishness.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah that’s a ton of time, money, and effort to get sooo close to completion (it’s never really complete haha) and stall out like that at the end. Good to hear you’re finally giving her the beans!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts