Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever used the lexibreak extra lock steering angle kit to just get more angle for normal driving or perhaps for drifting? I'm interested in this because I don't want to go with something as extreme as the FIGS kit. I just want some more angle for normal driving.

Quick Steer Extra Lock Kit

Let me know if there are any major issues with this design.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2 per set
Increase steering angle by 6°
Reduces steering wheel rotation from lock to lock by 50%
Eliminates bump steer by adjusting roll centre
Simply fitted between front hub and lower ball joint with connection to track rod end
CNC machined from high grade aluminium
Fits IS200,Altezza,IS300 and JZX models
Supplied with longer bolts necessary to install
Steering angle can be increased by another 3° using our rack spacers

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm also looking for something similar but without altering roll center!
once tried Kazama short knuckles and I was so happy with it, but they failed prematurely

·
Registered
752 Posts
they look pretty thin, so its not like its a 30-35mm adjustment of roll center. it would be nice if they said how thick it was.

im assuming you will have to cut the tie rod pickup point off your lower ball joint assembly? doesnt say on the site (similar to the ez knuckles)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm mostly interested in running these because they actually look thicker than most of the similar products out there and many drift cars are running them. Yes, I assume the stock LBJ needs to be cut as well. Also I should be able to install the LS400 calipers without additional RCA's. Can anyone recommend this or something like it that will be reliable? I don't want the figs setup because it seems very aggressive and way more than i need for a daily.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Those look fine to me, no reason they shouldn't work fine. Any idea if they ship to US? If I hadn't already machined my inner tie rods and made spacers, I would buy a set. What I did worked well enough that the tires now rub the sway bar at full lock, that's as far as you can go.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed them and placed an order through PayPal. it was 245 euros shipped for the steering kit and rack spacers. I'll try to do a video or something installing them. I just want shorter lock to lock and a bit better turning radius and maybe some donuts

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've seen those before on Facebook and decided against them. I'm sure they are probably high grade aluminum but it still scares me with all the front end weight resting on them like that. I have some made by Xcessive Manufacturing that are very similarly designed but made from steel. I have decent lock on mine for drifting, but if I need anymore I could run a 5mm steering spacer. If you're interested in them, give them an email or call.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't see any IS300/SXE10/IS200 angle kits listed on the Xecessive site. Have you got a link?

·
Registered
94 Posts
No link. You would need to contact them since they're just getting into the IS game.
so in your signature it says 12mm RCA, is that the thickness of the steering arms?
looks like I have no choice plus I can rebuild them with OEM ball joints whenever they fail rather than replacing the whole short knuckles!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes, my steering arms are 12mm or 1/2"...can't remember exactly. You have to cut off the tie rod attachment from the stock ball joint and then bolt them onto the steering arm.

And I don't believe there's any issues with brake clearance since it spaces the tie rod down.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya, most angle kits require you to cut the stock tie rod attachment point off the lower ball joint. I plan to just buy a new set and cut them and keep the ones on my car as spares which are also nearly new. I'm kicking myself for not doing the angle kit when I redid all of the front bushings and ball joints.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Make sure to get 2nd gen GS outer tie rods because you won't have enough threads on the stock IS300 outers.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They say these are compatible with the stock tie rods and ends. They do have another product with more angle that does use the longer outers.

·
Registered
701 Posts
It could depend on the alignment shop that's doing the work. I've had alignment shops before decline work because it was too close for their comfort, and they would be taking responsibility if you have an accident.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yup. I didn't see the question answered, so I contacted Lexibreak and posted their response in case if anyone down the road was wondering the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts