Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why dont we start a new forum. DYNO AND TUNING.
Just like the supra forum has.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Probably because people with an SRT intake would post their dyno sheets. Every day. Until the end of time.

I agree it would be a good idea, but I think people would abuse it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I doubt people will abuse it. I think we need that forum too.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
badxIS300 said:
^ what he said. IS300.net is awsome for general info about the IS, but for any questions about technical boost/dyno/tuning questions that site is like a dictionary for the NA Toyota/Lexus's. A lot of great knowledgable guys and kirkmkv (site owner) recognizes theres more and more boosted IS's so he gave us our own part of the forum. Moderated by LexIS307, and TsopranoMB both of which are members of IS300.net aswell.

·
Registered
589 Posts
dasgalloway said:
I'm not seeing a need for a specific dyno tuning forum... have a dyno tuning question, ask here.
Das, I know you the man in the forums, but I have to disagree with you this time. Imagine a forum where people can just find the dyno right there, instead of scrolling through pages and pages of posts just to find a dyno. The dyno forum should be just that, all dynos, with minimum discussions. That way we dun ahve people repeating questions like.... which intake is the best??????

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Yeah, but you have to wonder when compartmentalization becomes redundant.

Its one thing to ask for dynos of highly tuned IS300s, but to ask for a dyno sheet on an intake....is rediculous.

There is already a forum about the intakes and different parts. The search button is your friend.

http://my.is/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51&
http://my.is/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68

These are just a few.

See why that forum is unnecessary?

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
anything that gets people to share more information and setups i'm all for it.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
I'm all for searching for old posts, but sometimes it is just isn't that easy to find what you are looking for. Maybe i just suck at searching, but i don't think it would be a bad idea for at least a sticky, or something w/ dyno charts/mod lists. It would make for an easy quick reference. For example i have a stack of dyno charts on the counter at the shop, and when little timmy comes in w/ his integra and asks about a "turbo kit", i pull out a sheet, and show him almost exactly what he can expect, then i show him some other charts of where he can grow from there. Its just an easy referance to show what has been done, and what that initial stage + a few more mods can do. It saves a lot of time for me anyway answering questions when its all laid out in front of someone like that.

I can see where it would save A LOT of posts about how much power w/ XXXX brand turbo kit? or has anybody used XXXXX stand alone to tune out XXXXX kit? etc

The other thing that it would be good for are the people that maybe are just thinking of buying an IS, and just want to know what kind of potential the car does or doesn't have, w/ out hours of research, finding links (even if the linked site is a great resource) and following those, all for a car that may or may not be for them.

just a couple of my thoughts on it.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
i am up for it.

people are always posting dynos and there are always a lot of people asking how much power does xxx gives and such..

it would be a quick reference.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
osmosis said:
Das, I know you the man in the forums, but I have to disagree with you this time. Imagine a forum where people can just find the dyno right there, instead of scrolling through pages and pages of posts just to find a dyno. The dyno forum should be just that, all dynos, with minimum discussions. That way we dun ahve people repeating questions like.... which intake is the best??????

Forums are absolutely not an efficient way to organize or catalog data, by any stretch of the imagination.

What you want is a dyno sheet upload database... not a new forum.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
dasgalloway said:
Forums are absolutely not an efficient way to organize or catalog data, by any stretch of the imagination.

What you want is a dyno sheet upload database... not a new forum.
Exactly.

If it were a forum, you would have everyone asking how much their SRT intake will add to their stock IS.

We all know that N/A modifications are pretty much a waste when considering the cost/benefit relationship. Boost is another story.

So the only people that should be posting in that forum would be turbocharged cars (to avoid the rice...). How many people on this board are boosted? It would be a nice reference, but I seriously doubt anyone on this board would effectively use a forum to decide on boost.

You're spending over $10,000 for boost, is a forum going to change your mind? It might help eliminate one kit, but if you're spending that kind of money you should be doing extensive research and all of the tuners are available to talk about it. Yes, some are more reachable than others, but again...if you're impatient about spending that $10,000...you might want to consider spending that money on something else.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
magoo said:
Exactly.

If it were a forum, you would have everyone asking how much their SRT intake will add to their stock IS.

We all know that N/A modifications are pretty much a waste when considering the cost/benefit relationship. Boost is another story.

So the only people that should be posting in that forum would be turbocharged cars (to avoid the rice...). How many people on this board are boosted? It would be a nice reference, but I seriously doubt anyone on this board would effectively use a forum to decide on boost.

You're spending over $10,000 for boost, is a forum going to change your mind? It might help eliminate one kit, but if you're spending that kind of money you should be doing extensive research and all of the tuners are available to talk about it. Yes, some are more reachable than others, but again...if you're impatient about spending that $10,000...you might want to consider spending that money on something else.
Well, I'm glad you agree with me... but I have to differ wth you re: NA mods. That's for another thread, though.

The fact is, forums are NOT good for organizing data. If the wealth of knowledge contained in IS300.net was properly organized/catagorized... everyone would be able to find the answers to their questions, and you'd never have to say "search, newb!".

Forums are for chatting.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dasgalloway said:
Well, I'm glad you agree with me... but I have to differ wth you re: NA mods. That's for another thread, though.

The fact is, forums are NOT good for organizing data. If the wealth of knowledge contained in IS300.net was properly organized/catagorized... everyone would be able to find the answers to their questions, and you'd never have to say "search, newb!".

Forums are for chatting.

Thats my whole point.....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts